Just Business (Chapter 4, Part 4)

"Rick! She could die! We gotta help her!" you yelled.

"Unity is a hivemind, she controls a whole planet full of aliens, but they all have one consciousness. Loosing one avatar means nothing."

You were still on edge and confused, "And what... what did you mean when you said 'it must have been another Rick.' Do you have clones or something? What's going on?"

He thought for a moment, "It's umm... a long story. Too long to get into right now, but I'll explain everything... when the time is right. I promise you."

"Okay, okay... I need a drink after this." you walked to the kitchen and got out a bottle of Rose wine, "You want anything?"

"No, I'm fine." He walked over to you and took the bottle out of your hand and placed it on the counter, "I seriously need to apologize to you." He took your hands in his, "I-I acted like a moron... I shouldn't have lied to you. I thought about how lucky I am for you to even consider being with a helpless mad scientist... now I should probably think about what I need to improve in order to keep you... I will do my best and I will try to be 100% honest with you..." he took a deep breath, "I-I used to be an interdimentional criminal.... I did bad things and I have bad habits that I need to quit... Y/N, I like you... no, I love you... and I hope you can forgive me. I will do my absolute fucking best to be a better man for you."

"Rick, honey. I'm not asking you to be perfect. I don't expect that from you, but- "

"I still need to change for the better, y'know? Improve?"

You looked down and noticed you still had the ring he gave you, "Oh, here's your ring. I almost forgot about it."

"Keep it." He said, "As a souvenir, if you want."

"...I forgive you, Rick. You're not as bad as you think. I have a good feeling about you." You came closer and before you could stand up on your toes, Rick cupped your face and closed the gap between you, "And I love you too." You whispered into the kiss.

After a few lovely moments, you broke the kiss. You glanced at the clock out of curiosity, 1 am, a whole day went by. Rick turned around and saw the clock, "Oh...it's pretty late. I should get goin- "

"Wait." You spoke before he could take out his portal gun, "Do you want to... stay the night?"

Rick's smile widened. He laid his hands on your waist to pull you closer and kissed you more passionately than ever before. He broke the kiss and looked you in the eyes, "You hungry?"

You were so into the kiss that this random question caught you off guard, "Yeah, kind of?" Rick took a step back and shot his portal gun at the ceiling, in a split second, a pizza box dropped down and you caught it somehow. The portal closed and Rick seemed pretty proud of himself, but you just looked at him puzzled, "Did you just... steal this pizza?" you raised an eyebrow.

"What? I-I just- yeah... I guess I did." He looked at the ground in shame then opened another portal and threw some cash into it. "Better?" he looked at you.

"Yeah, okay." You laughed.

The two of you enjoyed the tiny hours of the night sitting on your couch, eating pizza and watching some shitty television. You finished your dinner and snuggled closer to Rick with his arm around you. A small yawn escaped your mouth. He looked at you with a loving smile, turned off the TV and picked you up bridal style to take you to your bedroom. Gently, he placed you on the bed.

He grabbed hold of the blankets, "Hold up." You stopped him.

"What?"

"Your suit..."

"What about it?" he questioned in a confused tone.

"... take it off." You giggled.

A note that has nothing to do with the story, but you can read it if you want: Did you know that this whole book started as a one-shot? Probably not. I accidentally made the one-shot too hecken long, so I was just like: fuck it. Then I started writing from the beginning and I'm still working on connecting the story to that 'one-shot'. Also, I have a text document with a short summary of the whole book and I just keep adding more and more chapters and plot and characters into it... making everything longer and more complicated. I guess I like torturing myself, for some reason. So prepare yourself for a 50+ part abomination of a story! If you get to the end of that roller-coaster then... damn, props to you. 

Thank you for reading!

...

Also, eat your vegetables!