Going Home (Chapter 15, Part 1)

The gromflomites were carefully checking every little space to find anything or anyone hiding from them. When they heard loud crashing and shooting noises they rushed to the other room. They were met with a cyborg bird 'fighting' against two barbaric escaped prisoners.

The 'fight' ended soon and Birdperson had both Rick and Squanchy captured, "These two are the only ones left." He spoke calmly, "And I do believe they've set a self destruct timer, so leaving right now would be the best option."

One of the Feds stepped to the front, "And leave these two here would be a great option too?"

"Incorrect." Birdperson stated, "Rick Sanchez has valuable information that would be very useful to you."

"Yeah, good point." They all entered the giant ship. Soon, it started flying and left the prison behind. 

One of the gromflomites stepped in front of the prisoners and handcuffed them, but he soon noticed something, "What do you got there, Sanchez?" he snatched the hard disk from Rick's pocket and took a good look at it.

After Birdperson noticed Rick start to quietly panic, he extended his hand to the insect, "Give that to me."

"Why? What's on there?" the gromflomite questioned.

"Classified data he stole from level 9." Birdperson answered in a stern voice.

The gromflomite was intrigued, "Oh, really? Can I see what's in it?"

"No, it is classified." He grew annoyed and tried to grab the disk from the insect.

The Fed played with the disk as if it were a toy, "I mean, the General is dead, so... who's the hard disk even for? We'll just take a little look and no one will ever know."

Then the whole ship violently slanted forwards when the giant prison behind them exploded into nothing. All of the gromflomites fell to the ground. Rick took the chance and grabbed back the hard disk, holding it close to his chest. When the ship straightened back the Fed threatened to shoot Rick if he doesn't give him the disk back.

Birdperson took it from Rick's grasp, "I'll hold onto it."

"Fine, whatever." The gromflomite gave up, "You keep an eye on them until we get to The Station."

-

The two prisoners sat on the cold metal floor in another room while Birdperson stood and 'watched over them.'

"Alright BP, what's phase 2 of your plan?" Rick questioned.

"We arrive at The Station and do what you did with the prison." Birdperson spoke sternly, "We destroy it." 

"I squanch that plan." Squanchy smiled mischievously.

Rick shook his head, "Nope, I'm sorry, count me out." Unsurprisingly, he was met with the shocked faces of his friends, "I'm so fucking done with this... I mean I'm not, I want all those fuckers dead as much as the next guy, but right now I just want to go home. Mostly because I can't let anything happen to that disk... I... I can't lose her again."

"There's a her?!" Squanchy whispered to himself.

"I understand, Rick." Birdperson nodded sympathetically, "But I need you to also understand that if we leave now, The Station will know we are still alive and will send heavily armed ships after us. They will go to every planet, they will turn every little rock until they find us."

Rick closed his eyes and sighed, "I know." After a few moments of thinking, he broke the silence, "I have a plan, but I hate it."

"What is it?" Birdperson questioned.

-

After a few hours of flight, a gromflomite entered the room that held the prisoners, "We're almost at The Station, so you can like, take them out of here."

Birdperson walked over to the main area of the ship, with Rick and Squanchy by his side, "I changed my mind about the hard disk." He held it to a gromflomite, "You can take a look at it and I won't tell anyone that you did."

The insect immediately grabbed it and plugged it into the computer. A message appeared on the big screen, 'Installing New Program.

"What new program?" The gromflomite tried to type on the computer, but nothing. He tried shutting it down, also nothing, "What is this gorgon shit?! Is it a fucking virus?"

"Hey Babe!" Rick yelled.

The screen went black for a second before a familiar woman appeared on it, "Yes?" you smiled.

"Oh, that's the her."  Squanchy nodded in approval, "Nice."

"See that Fed Station over there?" Rick spoke again while the gromflomites looked at each other in confusion, "Could you destroy it for me real quick?"

"Of course."  you spoke before turning on the many rocket cannons the ship had on it.

The gromfomites panicked, "WHOA, HEY STOP WITH THAT!" They tried shooting the trio, but Birdperson had laser guns built in his robot-suit. Rick and Squanchy also grabbed some guns and started blasting. Insect goo and laser beams flying everywhere while you shot rockets at The Station, leaving no little piece behind.

When the trio thought they killed all the gromflomites they sighed in relief, "Y/N, set a course for planet Squanch, please."

"Okay." you spoke, but you quickly noticed that one of the gromflomites behind them was still alive, he held up his gun and pointed it at your boyfriend, "RICK, WATCH OUT!" you yelled.

The insect already pulled the trigger, but luckily Rick moved just enough for him to miss all the vital organs and shot him in his side. Birdperson then made sure the insect was 100% dead.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" you questioned with obvious concern.

"I'm fine. Fit as a fiddle." Rick held his wound to stop the bleeding, "Thank you, Babe for saving my ass once again. I'll see you soon." He then walked over to the computer and started transferring your data over to the disk once more, but just when the status bar reached 100% the disk started making weird crackling noises. Rick panicked slightly and took it out of the computer. It let out multiple sparks of electricity and zapped Rick's hand. He let go of it in shock and noticed that one side of the disk changed color, it looked burnt. 

"What happened?" Birdperson walked over to him.

Rick picked up the disk off the floor. His heart skipped a beat when he saw how damaged it was, "Fuck... the crappy disk got overloaded..."

"You think you can get it to work?" 

"I fucking hope so." Rick whispered.