The Final Class (Chapter 7, Part 1)

"This is it!" Rick chimed happily as he placed the laser-screwdriver in a drawer with the rest of the tools. The 'U-To' truck drove away after you got rid of the rest of the empty cardboard boxes.

"Wow, you're really moving in." You sighed with a smile as you looked at all the new, weird and wacky sci-fi things Rick put in your garage. It looked very clean and tidy, the shelves were also nice and organized.

He came over to you and pulled you into a hug, "Fuck yeah, I am. Now you're really stuck with me!"

"Oh no! What have I done?" you laughed. Your gaze then fell on something that was located on the garage floor, "Is that a hatch?"

"Maybe." He said.

"What do you need a hatch for?" You questioned as you looked at him.

"Well, I can't fit all of my stuff into one room. That would be a fucking disaster! Have you seen one- one of those shows wh-where they clean the cluttered houses? You'd put me on one of those shows and- and then they'd ask me what stuff brings me joy and tell me to get rid of the stuff that doesn't bring me joy and I just don't wanna be put in that situation. That's what would happen if I had to put all my stuff into one room!" He tried to justify himself.

You raised your hands, "Okay, okay! I'm sorry!"

-

You went on to make room in the bedroom closet so Rick could have somewhere to put his clothes, also known as the endless supply of blue shirts and lab coats. It was getting late so you were ready to go to bed. Coming down the stairs, you joined Rick in the kitchen.

"Aren't you done with school in like a month?" he questioned as he looked through the fridge.

"Oh shit, I am!" your face lit up when you remembered that this was your final year of work.

He looked at you with a smirk, "You know what that means?"

You thought for a short second, "Retirement pa- "

"MOTHER FUCKING RETIREMENT PARTY BIIITCH!" he suddenly jumped with joy and it made you flinch, "We're gonna go to this planet it- it has the- "

"I thought about maybe..." you interrupted him, "we could try to have a normal party... with humans. To try and be a part of our Earth society for a little bit?"

He looked at the ceiling, "Humans suck."

"I'm human." You raised an eyebrow.

"You're not." He smiled, "You're the love of my life!"

"That's not human?"

"No way. You're fucking superhuman."

"Yeah, okay. I'll take it." You spoke softly. Rick went back to look in the fridge. He reached with his hand and pulled out a container with a lid on it. "No, leave that alone. That's for tomorrow."

"But- " he gazed at you with a sad expression.

"You're not hungry, we just ate a couple of hours ago." You grabbed the bowl of fruit on the counter and tossed him an apple, "Eat this."

A little chuckle escaped as you enjoyed the sight of a grown-ass man looking upon the fruit in his hands with the look of out most pure disgust and hatred. He turned to you as if begging you end his suffering, "How can you do this to me?"

"It's just an apple." You laughed, "C'mon, try it."

He took the tiniest bite with a moment of hesitation. After swallowing, he squinted his eyes, "I hate it." He said and gave it back to you.

"Alright," you put the fruit in a little bag to save it for later, "I'm gonna go take a shower and then we're off to bed."

"I don't wanna sleep yet." He protested.

"You do what you want then, but I still have tests to grade and coworkers to tolerate." You made your way upstairs and into the bathroom. Getting all the shampoos and soaps ready, you took off your clothes and threw them in the laundry basket. You drew the shower curtain and stepped inside, the warm water soothed and relaxed your tense muscles.

-

After a few minutes, the sound of doors opening could be heard, "Rick? What are you doing?" you peeked from behind the curtain.

"Well, I gotta clean myself too. Don't I?" he said while taking his clothes off.

You laughed, "You couldn't wait?"

Rick stepped into the shower and smiled, "We're saving water this way!" He then wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you into a long, passionate kiss. One of your hands found its way on his shoulder and the other in his hair. "I love you, Babe." He said while making a path of kisses down your neck, collarbone and chest.

"I love you too." You whispered happily.

Note: Hoi, I'm back :) I will be updating every Tuesday and Friday (days may vary depending on your timezone) like I've been doing before.

<3