Plan A: Riot (Chapter 13, Part 1)

"See what happens when you don't play by the rules, Sanchez?" The gromflomite spoke, "Now you're never going to see her again and you're going to rot in here for the rest of your life."

Rick scoffed, "We'll see about that." 

The insects didn't give up there. They took the sharp tools and gave Rick many cuts along his already scarred forearms before pouring unknown highly acidic liquid over them causing him to groan in pain, but not speaking a word of the formula. After a while of pointless torture Rick was sent back to his cell, but he wasn't given any bandages to wrap his deep, bloody gashes with. He somehow managed to fall asleep despite the severe pain he was in.

He felt a delicate hand gently caress his face. A quiet voice spoke to him, "Promise me you'll escape from there..."

In an attempt to see whose hand touched him, he sat up and opened his eyes. There was nobody with him. He was alone. It was just a dream, just his mind messing with him. "I will... I promise you." He whispered to himself as he laid back down.

-

Hours later, the same drill as before. Automated message echoed through the prison and everyone headed to the canteen. Bardan and Sylis sat beside him, "Hey - Holy shit, your arms look really bad."

"It's fine." Rick spoke, "Listen, Bard, I... I'm sorry for being a grumpy douche yesterday. You didn't deserve it, you're a good guy."

The alien's face lit up, "Oh, it's alright my man. This place can make anyone go crazy."

"You lost someone." The long-haired alien lady walked over, "Someone close to you, I can sense it."

"Stop sensing me, Karra, it's really creeping me out." Rick grumbled.

She ignored his request and continued talking, "I can feel the pain in your heart from a mile away. I just want to know where that pain came from and so suddenly. You were fine just a few days ago."

"It doesn't matter." He tried to brush it off, "What matters is how we're gonna get the fuck out of this place."

Sylis shook his head, "You know that's not allowed, they'll kill us."

Rick sighed in annoyance, "I know it's not allowed, genius. And they won't kill us if they don't catch us."

"What do you suggest we do?" Bardan questioned.

He thought for a few moments, "We start a riot and get to level 9, it's were all their most valuable shit is, we can end everything if we get there."

"Easier said than done." Sylis rolled his eyes.

"I'll do it myself then, you can stay here in fear, doing whatever those Federation fucktards want you to do and when the whole place goes to shit you can die for all I care." Rick lowered the tone of his voice so the guards wouldn't hear him, "Or you can go with me and help me collapse this poor excuse of a government they have. They won't treat us or anyone else like animals ever again."

"Count me in." Bardan smiled.

"Me too." Karra said.

Sylis thought about it for a moment before finally sighing in defeat, "Fine."

The following couple of days were spent gathering up more prisoners and thoroughly planning what they were going to do. That wasn't usually how Rick liked to do things, but since the prison was so full of cameras and jam-packed with security guards, he felt that all the possibilities and outcomes needed to be acknowledged to ensure the best possible escape plan.

-

A wide smile formed on Bardan's face after he climbed onto the highest point of the obstacle course, "Can I say it?"

Rick sighed, "Yes, you can say it."

"It's go time." Bardan said proudly, "I've always wanted to say that."

"Alright, you know what to do?" Rick asked and Bardan nodded excitedly, "You guys?" He turned to look at he many other prisoners who joined in. They all said 'yes' or nodded.

An automated message spoke loudly and directed all the prisoners back to their cells. The gromflomite guards quickly noticed that no prisoners were heading out, so they stepped closer to the obstacle course.

"Get down, it's time to go!" One of them yelled, gesturing with his gun, "Move it! C'mon!" They grew frustrated when they saw that nobody had intentions of moving from their current positions.

Rick snarled, "What?! I can't hear you down there! Why don't you come up here and tell me?!"

The guard huffed in annoyance and pointed his gun at them, "Would the gun be loud enough for you to hear?"

"Maybe." Rick provoked as much as he could.

The guard fired his gun, but both Rick and Bardan dodged it. The other guard smacked the first one on the head, "Are you stupid?! You know we're not allowed to kill Sanchez!"

"Well, fuck you!" He responded and smacked him back, "I don't give a shit!"

Bardan looked at Rick excitedly, "Now?" He asked and his partner in crime nodded. The guards were so occupied with their little argument, they didn't notice the large prisoners falling towards them. Bardan landed on top of one of the guards and his dark blue blood splattered everywhere. The other insect got squashed by another prisoner.

"Whoa, okay... that- that's fucking gross." Rick looked away for a second, "G- good job, Bard."

"Thank you!" Bardan threw Rick one of the guns and some ammo, before climbing back on top of the course.

Rick cringed internally as he held a gun covered in gromflomite goo, "Let's get this show on the road." He whispered as he watched more and more guards enter the 'yard'. They aimed and shot, sadly killing a few prisoners. After a while the guards realized that they couldn't get to most of them by shooting, so they had to climb up.

While the gromflomites where occupied with avoiding lasers as well as other potentially lethal obstacles, Rick and Bard took the chance to easily shoot them. Some of the guards started shooting back so they ran away and towards the exit, but the door was closed shut.

"You can't open the door without a password, you idiots!" A guard yelled in their direction.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Karra and Sylis on the other side. Rick smiled, "That was quick, good job guys."

The two looked confused, "We didn't try opening it yet, we just came here."

"So who opened the door?" Bardan asked.

Some of the gromfomites successfully went through the course and started making their way towards the prisoners, "We'll deal with that later. We gotta move, now!" Rick urged.

Note: Thank you so much for 20k reads!! ❤❤❤