It's Better This Way (Chapter 8, Part 1)

It had been many months since the retirement party. Rick and you were comfortably sitting in the garden sofa in the back yard. Talking and admiring the new plants that found their home behind your house.

"I have something for you." Rick spoke and took something out of his coat, a little envelope and gave it to you.

Slowly, you opened it and unfolded the letter inside. It was fancy and shimmery, "Dear Y/N," you read, "we are very excited to welcome you with open arms and organize an unforgettable date for you and your true love. As requested by Mr. Sanchez for your special one year anniversary. Sincerely, 'The first date restaurant.' "

"You thought I'd forget?" Rick smiled.

"I didn't. Thank you, Honey." You kissed him sweetly.

The two of you went on to your date. You had an amazing time and you knew it would be magical and just perfect in every way.

-

You woke up to the sound of birds, morning sun and someone's arm being gently placed on your waist. Turning to the other side you faced the love of your life. You lovingly ran your fingers through his hair and kissed his head before making your way downstairs to make some breakfast.

Deciding on eggs and bacon, you took out the pan, put some oil on it and started frying the bacon. You jumped a bit when you felt hands wrap around your waist suddenly, "Morning, beautiful." Rick spoke softly into your ear, "What are you doing here? It smells amazing."

"Eggs and bacon, you can crack the eggs."

"Yes ma'am." He kissed the top of your head and went to the fridge.

Without warning, an egg was thrown in your direction and smashed on the counter top, going everywhere. You turned around in shock to see Rick holding a carton of eggs in his left and a single egg in his right hand, smirking at you. "Rick, for the love of god, what are you doing?"

"You told me to crack the eggs."

"On the pan you dumbass!" you laughed.

"Well you gotta be more specific next time." He drew his arm back like he was about to throw another one.

"Don't you fucking dare, Sanchez." You warned.

"What are you gonna do about it?" he teased.

"I'll make you clean that up."

He threw the egg at you and it got all over your shirt and pajama pants, "Oh no!" he said sarcastically, "Now I'll have to clean your clothes too! Oh, what a tragedy!" He gently took off your shirt and started kissing your neck and collarbone.

"No," you pushed him away, "I'll clean my clothes and you'll clean up this mess and finish breakfast." You smiled and kissed his lips before going to the bathroom to change.

Rick finished cooking and served it on some plates. A portal opened next to him and a Rick walked out, holding a paper clip board and a pen.

"Get out, now." Your Rick growled.

"You moved, C-137." He ignored him and wrote something down on his paper, "That's new. Ricks don't usually move out. Why did you do it?"

"None of your fucking business."

You walked back downstairs to the kitchen, "Honey, have you seen my- " you froze in place when you saw two Ricks, they looked identical... almost. Both gazing at you, "What's happening?"

"It's okay Y/N, go back upstairs." Your Rick spoke.

You turned on your heel and took a few steps, but were stopped by the other Rick, "No, please stay." He spoke very creepily while stepping closer to you, "Wow... she's beautiful, C-137. How did a piece of shit like you end up with a goddess like her?" he lifted his hand to touch your face. You grabbed it and forcefully twisted his whole arm. You then kicked him in the dick, knocking him to his knees. He screamed and his papers flew everywhere.

"Ouch!" Your Rick said with a proud smirk on his face.

"If you ever insult my boyfriend again." You whispered into his ear, "I won't be this gentle." You let go of his arm.

He quickly took out his portal gun and went on his merry way. You walked over to your Rick and hugged him tightly. "That's my girl. I love you." He kissed your lips.

"Who was that? Why did he call you C-137?"

"He's a Rick from an alternate dimension. C-137 is the dimension I'm from."

"Okaay... and other Ricks can just come in here whenever they feel like it?"

"I haven't done anything in like over a year. Guess I forgot about them and thought they'd leave me alone. They won't come here anymore, I'll make sure of that."

Note: Oh booyy, part 30! I hope nobody's getting tired of this storyyy