New Beginnings (Chapter 17, Part 3)

After the therapy session Rick and you drove back home. Summer and Morty were in school so the house was still and quiet for a few hours. Your boyfriend sat on the couch and stared at nothing for a while until you joined him, "What are you thinking about?"

His eyes met yours, "I feel like... my whole life I've been running away from getting attached to people in fear of them using or hurting me, but with you it's like I'm too attached and I can't handle the possibility of you leaving in some way." He looked away, "That was dumb, why did I say that-"

"It's not dumb, Honey. I understand." You placed your hand on his, "Your feelings are valid, you are valid."

"And I can't even begin to comprehend how you must feel. Loosing everything from that simulation and I didn't save them. I'm so sorry."

A few tears rolled down your face when you remember everyone you've loved and lost, "I already told you it's not your fault."

"I know..." he wiped away the tear on you cheek before wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close, "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

-

A few days passed, you were in the garden with the kids and Summer was showing you something on her phone. 

"With this one you can be a dog!" Summer took a selfie with you using the dog filter on Instagram.

You were puzzled, but intrigued, "Why would you possibly need to use these filters for?"

"That's a Gen z thing. You know how you had those ugly bell-bottom jeans? Well this is our thing." She explained.

"That's a lame-people thing. You're just trying to be one of the cool kids." Morty commented while playing on his tablet.

Summer gawped, "I'm not trying to be! I am one-" she was interrupted when her phone rang, "Oh, it's Mom... Hey, Mom. Uhh... " She looked at her brother, "Do you want to go see our parents?"

Morty looked at you. You thought for a moment, "You can go if you want to." you spoke.

"Ok, Mom, we're coming." Summer hung up and rolled her eyes, "C'mon Morty, let's go." 

When the kids left, you went to find your boyfriend who was searching for something in the garage. "Oh hey, Babe. Where did the kids go? They just said bye."

"To visit their parents." You said. Rick's head turned to you as he was about to freak out, "They'll be okay! Relax! They're smart, they can handle it." You reassured him. 

"Fine." He placed a box back in its place on the shelf, "I need to buy some supplies, you wanna come?"

You accepted his offer and the two of you hopped into the spaceship and flew far away from Earth. Landing in a tiny planet with a shop on it, you entered through the front door and started looking at the interesting machinery it had on it's shelves. 

From the corner of your eye, you saw a tall figure, it looked familiar. You looked at the person and your jaw dropped. It was your friend, the bowl-cut Rick, J19Zeta7. You could not believe your eyes that he was standing in front of you, alive. 

He noticed you staring at him with a shock on your face, "Ma'am, are you okay?"

"You don't remember me?" You whispered just loud enough for him to hear you.

The Rick was obviously confused, "Do we know each other?" 

It dawned on you that he wasn't from the simulation, but rather the simulation was based on him. He has never seen you in his life. "No, I guess not. I'm sorry."

He walked over to you, "Where do you know me from?"

You smiled awkwardly, "It's... it's a really long story."

"Babe!" Your boyfriend was done with his shopping list so he was ready to go back home, "There you are- Oh, hey, Doofus." Rick placed his arm around you.

"Don't call him that!" you shot a menacing glance at him. 

J19Z7 Rick looked at the two of you with a sweet smile, "Wow, Rick, I'm so glad you found someone. But I just have to ask... Where does she know me from? Have we met somewhere?"

Your boyfriend started talking before you could get any words out, "She's never seen you in her life, she mistook you for someone else. Let's get out of here, Babe." He took your hand and led you out of the shop, "Y/N, I know you want to tell him everything, but we can't risk the Citadel founding out about you."

"Okay..." you whispered and got back in the spaceship. 

The ship took off and soon you were in space with countless stars all around. Rick turned on the autopilot before he looked at you. His hand met yours, but when you looked back at him he closed the gap between your lips and his. Your frown quickly turned into a smile.

Note: Oowee! How is everyone doing in this shit-storm of a year? I hope everyone is staying safe <3