Happy Campers (Chapter 5, Part 6)

Rick quickly grabbed hold of the gun's barrel and pulled it out of the hunter's grasp. "Little tip for ya buddy: don't ever hold a gun so close to someone. Y/N, grab the baby, please."

"On it." You opened the trunk of the car and picked up the hairy baby after untying and releasing it from many ropes. It was shivering, but it felt safe in your arms. "Morty, Summer, come with me, we'll take it back to its home." You and the kids started walking in the direction of the cave.

The hunter looked over at you. "No, you're staying with me," Rick growled, "I wanna make sure you don't do anything stupid."

"Nah, pal. Can I just get in my car and go home?" the hunter spoke.

"You're gonna drive away and never hunt for Bigfoot ever again?"

"That's exactly what I'm gonna do, amigo." The hunter smiled, "The name's Markus, by the way."

"Rick."

He casually walked closer to his car, "You a hunter as well, Rick?"

"The fuck you trying to do? Tryina small talk after you nearly shot me?" Rick questioned.

Markus shrugged, "I figured, y'know, there's an uncomfortable tension between us and I just wanted to break that tension."

"Shut the fuck up." Rick was so done with his bullshit. 

After about 10 minutes you and the kids came back from within the forest, "We got it! The baby's okay!"

Markus quickly grabbed the shotgun from Rick's hands and shot in your direction, hitting you in the leg. You screamed and fell to the ground. "Motherfucker!" Rick took the gun and punched the hunter with it, knocking him out. Everyone panicked and rushed to your side. Your clothes and ground were soaked in blood. Rick ripped a part of his shirt and wrapped your injured leg. "Y/N, hey. Stay with me." He picked you up bridal style and started running back to the ship. "Morty, you're gonna have to drive!"

"O-okay!" Morty got in the driver seat, Rick with you in the back and Summer sat shotgun.

"Y/N, say something... please." Rick held you in his arms and tried to meet your gaze.

You opened your eyes and looked at your leg, "Those were my favorite pants." You whispered.

"Don't worry about it... I'll fix your favorite pants." He smiled softly.

The ride to the Smith's house was pretty short since Morty drove like a maniac. Everything felt like a blur and your head was spinning like crazy. Rick picked you up and sat you on his desk, examining your wound.

"You're back, I just finished cooking! Did you find the Bigf- OH MY GOD!" Beth came in the garage to greet you, but was shocked by the blood that was going everywhere.

Her voice felt distant and muffled. "Oh... heeyy Beth... I'm fine doon't wooryy abouut mee..." you spoke and tried to comfort her, but you probably made it worse.

"What the fuck happened?" Beth panicked.

"She'll be fine, it's just a shotgun wound." Rick was fiddling with some glass tubes with colorful liquid inside.

"How can that much blood be fine?!"

"Summer, Morty, could you help me out?" Rick asked his grandchildren.

They got the memo and walked out with their mother, "Don't you worry mom, grandpa has it handled. Let's go setup the table and we'll tell you everything."

Rick finished mixing the liquids together and gave them to you, "Drink this."

You did as he said. It tasted too sweet and disgusting, but within a second everything stopped spinning and you could see clearly again. Your leg felt weird, you looked down to see the holes healing and disappearing, no scar left what so ever.

"How?" you were in disbelief.

"A little something I like to call 'A Healing Potion'." he smirked proudly.

"Very creative name."

"And for your favorite pants..." he grabbed a piece of shiny blue cloth and stuck it to the holes on your clothes. Within a few seconds it attached itself to your pants and changed color to match the material, it looked perfect and brand new. "Voilà!"

"That's amazing, thank you." You got off the table with Rick's help. The smell of freshly made food made you remember how hungry you were, "Did Beth say she just finished cooking? Thank god, I'm fucking starving the whole day." You started walking towards the door, but noticed Rick wasn't following you, "What's wrong? You're not hungry?"

"It's not that." He walked over and pulled you into a loving embrace, "I'm sorry, Y/N."

You hugged him back, "For what, Honey?"

"Me being a fucking dumbass and letting Summer and Morty get kidnapped and- and you getting shot..."

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have predicted that."

"I should have been more careful." He sighed, "I should have been better."

You cupped his face, "Remember when you told me you used to do bad things?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember what I told you?"

"... I should... learn from my mistakes and move on? You're right..." he smiled, "What did I do to deserve you?" 

You pecked his lips, "Can we go eat now?"

Note: That's another chapter done! The next chapter was very fun to write (the plot shall thicken), that's all I'm gonna say. Also, if you notice any grammar or spelling mistakes or anything, you have my full permission to correct me :)

If you haven't heard of it yet, there's a show also on Adult Swim called Final Space it's really good and I highly recommend it. Season 2 is coming out on June 24th!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1000 READS!! I LOVE YOU!