The Final Class (Chapter 7, Part 3)

Everyone talked to each other and had a good time. After a while of chatting and dancing to the music, you decided to cut the cake you made the day earlier. Rick offered to give you a hand and joined you in the kitchen. You took out the cake from the fridge and carefully placed it on the counter.

Morty and Summer came over, "That looks amazing!" Morty spoke, "Can I have the first piece?"

"Me next!" Summer joined in.

"Alright, just give me a second." You got out the plates while Rick cut the cake. With delicacy, you placed a piece on a plate, added a fork and were about to give it to Morty.

Something stopped you in your tracks, your breath grew heavy and hands started shaking. The familiar headache came out of nowhere. Everything went dark, just like before. You hoped it would stop soon. Uncountable glowing ones and zeroes flew past you. The strange voice spoke yet again, "Finally, we're onto something. We can get to it this time! I can feel it!"

A loud crashing sound woke you up. You have dropped the plate and it smashed into many small shards. Still, your mind racing with thoughts and concerns of those weird visions accompanied with unknown voices.

"Whoa! What the hell?" Morty jumped backwards since the dropping plate surprised him.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, Sweetie. I'll get you a new piece!" you gasped.

Rick looked at you with concern in his eyes when he noticed you were shaking and stumbling over your words. "Morty, Summer, go back to the living room." They did as he said. He continued, "Babe, what's wrong? What happened?"

"I'm just clumsy, it's nothing to worry about." You tried to brush it off, "I'm fine."

"Talk to me, Y/N." he took your shaky hands in his and looked you in the eyes.

"I don't know... I started getting these strong headaches. They make me feel kind of disoriented."

"Disoriented? You looked terrified." He made known.

You tried not to worry him, "I'm okay now... let's just enjoy the party."

"Fine." He said, "But if anything weird like this happens again, you tell me."

"I will, I promise." You smiled.

Rick suggested you to go calm down and talk with your friends while he cleans up and makes the cake ready for anyone who wants a piece. You reunited with your group of friends to get your mind off of that whole headache situation.

After a few minutes of chatting, the music suddenly turned off. Everyone turned to look at your boyfriend who was holding a microphone in his hand and a grin on his face. The lights dimmed down and a soft tune started playing once he pushed a button, "This one's for you, Babe!" he said.

"Is he gonna sing? Can he sing?" one of your friends whispered.

"Is he drunk or something?" Angela asked.

You thought for a moment, not remembering Rick drinking anything since you were with him for most of the time, "He's not."

"Wise men saaayy... only fools rush iiin..." Rick started singing horribly off key as he slowly swayed from side to side, "But I, can't heeelp, falling in love with yooouu..." he met your gaze and you felt your face heat up, "Shall I staaayy? Would it be... a sin?"

"Is that Elvis?" Angela took a long sip of her wine.

"Yes... yes it is." You spoke in disbelief.

"If I can't heeelp faaalling in loove... with youuu!" he continued 'singing' proudly and confidently, "Like a river flows, surely to the sea... Darling do it goes, some things are meant to beee..."

He extended his hand to you, but you shook your head and made an excuse, "Oh no, I can't sing to save my life."

"Taaakee myy hand," he took your hand anyway and pulled you close to him, "Taaake my whole life, tooooo! For I, caaan't heelp, faaalling in lovee... with you..."

He handed the microphone to you. Since you didn't want to ruin the flow of the song or his feelings, you took it, "Like a river flows... Surely to the sea..." Rick looked at you like you were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, "Darling so it goes... some things are meant be... Take my hand..." while you sang, he spun you around, "Take my whole life too... For I, can't help falling in love, with you..."

You looked him in the eyes and you sang in unison, "For I, can't help falling in love, with you..."

Everyone awed and cheered, their hearts filled with glee. Rick wrapped his arms around you and kissed you like never before, "You have the voice of an angel." He whispered.

"I thought you didn't believe in god and those things?" you blushed.

"I believe in you."

Note: Was this too much fluff? Maybe. Do I care? Not really.