Vacation and Relaxation (Chapter 6, Part 3)

A few hours have passed by with Rick and you talking and swimming comfortably. Your fingertips were getting wrinkly, so you decided you would get out of the pool and look for the Smiths. Rick picked up your robe and draped it over your shoulders. The search appeared to be harder than you expected. The building was huge, it had over 100 floors and 300 huge rooms. You thought the search would last for hours.

"There they are!" Rick suddenly turned a corner and pulled you with him.

You walked over to Beth, "Hey, what have you been up to?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing, we were just- " Rick saw Jerry taking some liquids from a cupboard and playing with them, he spilled some and it melted through the floor, leaving a gaping hole in the ground, "Jerry, you fucking disgrace!"

"Rick, don't be mean. It was an accident." You said to him.

"He's irritating me!" he grumbled, "... fine... I'll try and tolerate him."

Your gaze was drawn to a giant purplish-pink creature with a big mouth and no eyes, "What the hell is that?"

"Oh, this thing?" he walked over to it and stepped on a round mattress in front of it, "It's a- " he was cut off by the creature opening its giant mouth and swallowing him whole.

"RICK! OH MY GOD!" Beth, Summer and you screamed in panic.

Morty raised his hands and tried to calm you down, "Hey, it's fine! It didn't consume him! I-I-it just swallowed him and later it will puke him out." He said while walking over to also be swallowed by that giant purple abomination.

"That's fucking gross..." you whispered to yourself.

An alien came up to you holding a tray with drinks. Beth and you both took a glass and sat down on the nearest sofa while you waited for them to be puked out. The two of you talked about some everyday things, work, friends, food and such. While the conversation about food was going on, everyone said that they were hungry. You did have a kitchen back in the apartment, but you decided you would go to the big restaurant.

Rick and Morty were finally back and they were covered in pink slimy liquid. You walked over to Rick, "You asshole, you gave me a heart attack- oh wow... your skin is so smooth." You said while stroking his hand.

"I know right?" Rick smiled.

"My whole body is like a baby's ass..." Morty spoke happily.

-

You got dressed back in the apartment and made your way to the restaurant. Sitting down at a table near a big window, you looked at the menu. You had no idea what the things were on that menu so Rick had to tell you which dishes weren't served alive.

Rick pointed at a picture of a dish, "This one... uhh a bird-thing lays eggs on your plate and then you eat them. You gotta eat quickly though, they don't taste as good when they hatch."

"Christ almighty." You said in amazement and disturbance.

"Aaand this one... is a closed flower and when it's exposed to heat it erupts and tiny butterflies go flying everywhere and then you- "

"Eat them?" you raised an eyebrow.

"Yup."

"That sounds... more difficult than it needs to be." You spoke after a moment's reflection, "Who would order that?"

"It's actually pretty popular and they taste like cheese and... asparagus."

"Ew." 

The waiter came in with your orders and placed them in front of you. Luckily, you ordered something that looked and tasted like human food, so there weren't any complications. Those few hours went by really quickly. All of you were just talking and laughing.

You were happy.

-

After that you walked back to the apartment. You brought your own tea because you guessed the alien planet probably didn't have any. You also didn't want to risk any egg-laying or butterfly-erupting incidents by ordering something unfamiliar. Grabbing a mug from a cupboard, you poured in some hot water and put in the tea bag.

While you were sipping the hot beverage, Summer walked over and sat on the bar stool next to you. "Hey, Summer. Did you have fun today?" you asked.

"Oh yeah. It was great. We should definitely do something like this again." She fell silent for a moment, "So are you and grandpa like... a thing?"

You were taken aback by the question, but weren't forced to answer because Rick chimed in, "Yes, we are a thing, Summer." He met your gaze, "...right?"

"Yes, we are." You blushed and took another sip.

"Aww!" Summer cried out.

"The fuck are you drinking?" Rick asked you.

"Tea. You want to try?" you offered.

He hesitantly took your mug and took the tiniest sip, "Ugh. That's horrible, how the fuck can you drink this?" he took out his flask and poured some of the contents into your mug, "Oh yeah, that's the stuff." He said after taking another sip, "Here you go, I fixed it." He handed you the mug and sat back on the couch.

You tried the 'fixed tea' and you coughed in disgust, the mix of tea and vodka did not tickle your fancy. Dumping it in the sink, you made yourself a fresh cup.

All of you sat on the big comfortable chairs around a TV. You spent most of the time talking to each other than actually watching whatever was on screen. As far as you've known them, the Smith's were all so unique and interesting people. You've enjoyed all the conversations so far and you looked forward to getting to know them better.

You were getting sleepy from the tea and you decided to call it a day. Rick and you brushed your teeth, went to the bedroom and started putting on your sleeping garments. He laid on the bed and extended his arms for you to snuggle close to him. You slipped under the covers and rested your head on his chest.

"Today was a good day." You spoke calmly.

"It really was." Rick traced circles on your shoulder and arm, then kissed your head, "Thank you, Y/N."

"For what, Honey?"

"Just... everything." He whispered.

Note: Part 20!! Woop woop! If you're still reading this trash... thank you <3