Being A Hero | 4

"Nightwing, there's two gangs in west Gotham. Fratins and Krates, their about to intercept, and a gang war will likely be the outcome. Clear the area and take them down."

Once Batman finished, Nightwing responded with a short, "Copy that." And changed course to west Gotham. "Did you get that?" He asked the younger vigilante sitting behind him.

"Yes." Robin answered.

Nightwing sped through the streets of Gotham, passing cars in a hurry.

___________________________________________
West Gotham - 11:07

Bangs and shots rang out across the area. Loud bangs, or smaller, quicker, multiple ones, the latter being a machine gun. At one point, a house blew up from a stray grenade, killing a mother a child inside. The explosion sent debries flying everywhere, harming a few fleeing civilians that were unlucky.

Nightwing made the bike skid to a halt, leaping off as it skidded agasint the pavement. Damian did the same, following him, since the former Talon is worthy of his following. The Talon landed and rolled, then sprung up to leap over a broken wall, which he then hid behind, and Damian followed suit.

The cover they were using was a building. Was. It is now half blown up, leaving the back end burned, and somewhat on fire, while the front had no ceiling or actual walls, but remains.

"Clear the civilians. That's our top priority." The older hero ordered. "But I can fight-" the younger argued. "I never said you could not, Robin, but civilians are who we protect. If one dies, consider it a failed mission." He told Robin sternly.

Robin almost argued, but bit it back, and thought over the information, before going with it. "Agreed." He simply said.

"Go, I shall cover you." Nightwing said, before throwing a few smoke bombs out into the field. After the smoke was thick enough, he hopped over the wall and got to work.

The gangsters and gun men looked around blindly. Some taking shots randomly, hitting some people, their own or not, but a hit was confirmed by the immediate groans or gurgles.

Nightwing stealthily came behind a gun men and grabbed his shoulders, popping them both out of place, before kicking the guy mid back, resulting in another pop and crack of bones as the man shrieked.

The former Talon went on and grabbed a gangster armed with a machete in one hand and a switch blade in the other. Nightwing grabbed his fore arm that held the machete with a firm grip, bruising soon to come.

The man made startled noises, before swinging his switch blade at the Talon. That arm was grabbed, and easily turned agasint him, and the blade became shoved in his side, blood squirting onto the hero's gauntlets. The man slid down, passing out from pain. As he went down, the Talon grabbed the switch blade, and it slid out of the man's side as he fell.

Shots fired again, near his area. He was well aware. He ran through the smoke, having it seemingly wist passed him, unable to get a grip upon the former assassin. He glanced to his right, and threw the switch blade as he ran. It's silver stained red, leaving droplets of blood through the air before making a shink sound. Confirming it stabbed flesh. He heard another gun men shout in surprise and pain due to the switch blade now sticking in his shoulder, hot, sticky blood already running down his arm.

Robin did not waste time either, although he would have been content to watch the other hero work, as it was entertaining to the little assassin, he still had a mission to do.

He stayed out of the smoked zone that had screams admitting from it, and instead, went into a burning building. Small chunks of wood falling from the ceiling above him. He easily guided himself around, seeing no civilians.