Set Back | 14

Gotham City - 12:04 AM

"Why?" Batmam asked, narrowing his eyes.

Talia gazed over at him. "His father is gone now. He has no need to stay here. Not with a imposter. It will be better for him at the league, where he can learn." She answered flatly.

"To be what?" Batman countered.

"The best." No hesitation.

"Sometimes the best is not the best. Besides that, it should be Damians choice." The second Batman stated. Talia narrowed her own eyes at the vigilante.

"Children cannot be trusted to make the right choice." The woman growled. She was a patient woman, but she wasn't having it today. Damian belonged to her.

"They are not right, only by your standards." The former Talon stated, tilting his head. He was being deflective, and it was a death wish for any others.

Robin- Damian- watched as his mother clenched her fist and narrowed her green eyes. She turned to him, and relaxed, although it was forced. "Damian," she spoke lightly. "What would you prefer?" She asked.

Damian forced himself not to falter. He didn't expect her to ask him. However, he was not going to choose her. Father was dead, and his wishes were clearly not for Damian to go back to his mother. Plus, he preferred to not.

"I choose, Richard."

Talia almost faltered. Then she went into fury. "Damian, your place is not there! You don't belong with these idiots!" She raised her voice.

"These 'idiots' as you call them, have beaten you and grandfather countless times. Yet you refuse to acknowledge their skill, or defeat." Damian replied.

"Watch your tone with me, child." The woman in front of the hero's growled. "Further more I-" Talia was cut off by Robin. "Further more, this conversation is done." He snapped. He had to admit, it felt good to disobey her for once.

Talia snapped, and drew her katana, as did Robin, while Batman raised his fists. Talia made the first move by rushing at the elder hero.

Batman and Robin were in sync. Robin leaped up, using Batmans raised arm as a boost, and pushed off to dive kick the woman. However, she used her blade to block, and the smaller assassin landed on it, and pushed off and was back where he started.

He was only the distraction, though. Talia barely had time to deflect the fists coming her way. Her blade did not slice through kevlar. Fists swung at her, one smashing into her nose with a crunch, causing it to bleed heavily. She pushed Batman away, but the Talon swung a kick at her, nailing her in the stomach.

Talia recovered with haste, and swung her blade at the man, which he ducked under. He went to knock her off her feet, but she flipped away. When she landed, the Talon was nearly upon her in the air. She rolled away from his attack, while grazing her blade to cut the man's cheek swiftly.

Once both had landed, she swiped at him with the blade, which he dodged. Robin came back in, leaping to get on top of her. She side stepped, but only to get into Batmans bat-a-rangs. They landed a hit upon her shoulder, making a clean, stinging cut as crimson leaked over the torn fabric.

She spun to him and managed to knock his rangs away with her blade and engaged in a flurry of attacks. Robin intervened and blocked her next swing, the two engaging in a sword duel.

In the end of that one, Talia won, kicking Damian away and nearly cutting his arm off. It was caught by a kevlar glove grabbing the sword, and trying to take the sword.

Talia and Batman fought for the blade, but finally the vigilante drug it down lower and stepped onto the blade, bending and snapping it with force.

It was then long forgotten, and Talia moved to grab daggers, but she found none. The looked behind her, and saw that Robin had swiped them, and was twirling them in his hands with a smirk.

She was stuck in between two hero's, her son being one of them now. "You have been defeated, Talia." Batman stated bluntly.

"I do believe that The Second Batman has proved himself more than worthy." Damian informed. The woman tilted her head down, and growled.

"This is not over. Damian will be with me again soon, Talon." She spat. With that, she rushed away from the pair, and leaped off the building, and disappeared into the shadows of Gotham.

Batman walked over to the edge of the large tower, and gazed down. His eyes glowing behind the mask. Robin came up and stood beside him. The boy looked to his adopted brother, who was more of a mentor.

"I have signed the papers." Damian stated simply. The phrase meaning alot more than that. Batman looked to him, and smiled.

It faded for a moment. "Are you sure, Robin? After what happened with Pyg..." The Talon glanced down. He didn't feel like Damian was safe around him, or what if something happened? What if shattered happened again? What if it was Damian that...

"Tt. Of course I am sure, Batman." The younger stated. He gazed at the golden eyed man. "I trust you." I believe in you.

Batman stared at the child beside him, before nodding, his smile slowly returning. "I will not let you down, Robin." He promised.

It fell again, to a more serious, than sad. "However, you know it will not stop Talia." He said. Damian nodded. "Of course, but legal or not, my place is here."

Batman nodded and sighed. "At least we are never bored. " He smirked. Robin nodded his head. "Agreed."

"Batman..."

"Yes?"

"You said that you would wear the cowl when you are ready..." Damian paused. "From what I've seen, you have always been ready." He stated.

The acrobat was silent for a little. "Thank you... Damian." He said sincerely.

They both stared over Gotham. It wasn't pretty. It was polluted, and buildings were on fire, and screams rang out every minute there was.

Mad clowns ran loose on murder sprees, and a dead body was in every corner, dark or not. Assassins ran lose, and mutated monsters destroyed buildings and homes. Poeple were kidnapped and either killed, or expiremented on. Women would throw their children off buildings in fear that they would become monsters...

But it was home.

Just a really messed up home... but... yeah.

"No names on the field, imbecile."