The New Night | 13

Bat Cave - 10:34 PM

The sound of a pen scribbling agasint paper was what was to be heard along with the background of crackling fire. The writing stopped, and green eyes gazed over the writing. A signature.

The boys thoughts were interrupted by a call.

"YO DAMIAN! HURRY UP, WOULD YA!?"

The boy in quiestion sighed, and put the clipboard onto the coffee table, before going into the passage way and being taken down into the Bat Cave.

"Finally." Todd groaned. "Tt. Patients, Todd. It's obvious how you died." J asons eyes widened behind the mask, before narrowing, and teeth barring.

"Why you stupid-!"

"Enough."

The two boys, about to go into a brawl, looked to the side, and saw the new, and second Batman standing there. His cowl was up, and the eye slits glowed yellow.

"Heeeeey~ headlights. I was... uh." Jason shifted uncomfortably. He finally sighed and walked away with annoyance. The bat smirked, before taking his cowl down.

Dick Grayson now stood there, golden eyes and all. His hair was now shorter, but messy, since Jason had made sure to ruffle it, and the cowl messed with it.

"Damian, I have something for you." Dick informed, heading toward the balcony stairs, and up to the costume cases. "I can only hope you like it." He added as Damian followed him.

Dick stopped, and turned around. His cape lightly flowing as he did so. The case beside him was dark, until he put his hand on the glass, and it automatically lit up.

Inside the case, was a red, yellow, and green suit. It had a cape and a hood. The cape and hood was black, with a yellow underneath. The body of the suit was mainly red, with a yellow utility belt and green gloves and boots. The boots had red shoelaces. A pointy, green domino mask came with it.

"Flashy, I'm aware, but it goes with the name." Dick defended. "These were the acrobat costume theme colors in the circus. Hence, why I said it went with the name, from which my mother came up with." He explained.

"I was originally going to make it the average black and grey colors, but I believe it's time for a change..."

Damian gazed at the costume. He was honored that he was getting to wear the colors of Richard's family.  However, he did not seem himself worthy as Dick apparently did.

"I am honored... I will do my best to uphold their status."  He said sincerely and boldly.  It earned him with a small chuckle.  "I know you will, kiddo."  He responded.

"Best hurry up, Jason's getting impatient.  He might end up shooting Tim."  Dick. Said, walking off. "I'll be sure to take my time."  Damian called back with a smirk.

"Your so mean!"  Tim called out into the echoing cave.

Damian's smirk grew a little, as he turned back to the suit.  His reflection also stared back at him, within the glass of the case.  It fit him perfectly.  His eyes right at the eye lenses of the mask.

He pressed the button, and the glass slid open.  He grabbed the suit, and prepared for a new night.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Gotham City - 11:21 PM

Things flew by in a blur as the Bat Mobile sped through Gotham's streets.  The new Batman steered uneasily through the lanes.

"Haven't you drove the Bat Mobile before?"  Robin asked, raising a eyebrow, and looking over at his partner.  Said partner sighed, before smirking.

"Being honest, no.  None of us ever got to drive it, only the bikes."  He answered.  "... He took pride in this.  If we needed a punishment, we were to wash it with a tooth brush."  He informed.

"He told me it was his favorite thing in the cave.  Said it's been with him since the beginning, and was a gift from a friend who passed."  The second bat explained. 

Robin nodded.  "I suppose you can still make Todd and Drake clean it, correct? We know they are nothing but chaos."  He said. 

"I suppose you mean, Todd, Drake, and Wayne, right?"  Batman responded with ease.  "Tt.  Of course not.  I am not like them."  Robin corrected.  Batman shook his head and chuckled.  "No, that's for sure." 

Robin was about to say something, but was cut off by the comms.

"Batman, Robin, we have a unknown message."  Oracle announced.  "Send it through."  Batman ordered, his voice even now, resembleing the original Batman's voice.

One beep, and then a voice came through the speakers. 

"Grayson.  Meet me on top of Wayne Enterprise's.  I shall see you there."  A cold feminine voice said.  Another beep, and it was over.

"I can't trace them. Their good. Who do you think it was?"  Oracle asked.  Batman narrowed his yellow glowing eye lenses.  "I have my suspicions.  Do not worry."  He dismissed.

"Wayne Enterprise's isn't a place to fight.  They want something, or to make a point."  Sparrow said through the comlink.

"Obviously."  Robin replied.

"Ggh. Can yall- huff... shut u-up!"  Red Hood growled.  "I'm kinda- egh- busy!" 

With that final statement, Batman sped up,  and the car sped towards the tall building in south Gotham. 

___________________________________________
Gotham City | Wayne Enterprises - 12:02

The Bat Mobile was currently parked in the shadows of a ally,  and the two vigilantes were now on a sky scraper,  near the final destination.

Batman unhooked in grappling gun from his belt, and was about to grapple to the top of the W.E. but was stopped by Robins question.

"You are aware that this is my mother."  It was more of a statement, really.  Batman looked over at him,  and nodded. "Correct. The fine language that she spoke was my first clue, and of course,  the fact that Bruce is gone now, had me expecting a visit."  He informed.

Robin raised a eyebrow.  "I assume you have a plan, then."  He said.  

"No."  Batman answered,  before shooting his gun,  and being swept off the roof.   Robin followed after him shortly.

Batman landed silently,  as did Robin.   No thuds or thunks.   The guns were easily reeled automatically and slid into their belts within a second.   They stood up from their crouches, and faced what was before them.

Talia Al Ghul,  daughter of Ras Al Ghul,  and mother of Damian Wayne,  stood tall, yet relaxed.   Her brown hair blew in the wind,  and her green eyes critical and harsh.  

"Damian. Time to come home. "