New Beginnings | 18

Wayne Manor - 10:24 AM

The manor show any life, other than Alfred Pennyworth, until late morning.  The four vigilantes were tired and sore after the battle last night, so they slept late.  Luckily W.E. was still repairing the building from the explosion, so Dick had a day or two off.

Damian came down the stairs, slower than usual.  For once, he wasn't wearing jeans or a fine shirt, like every other morning.  Today, he wore the same shirt and sweats as last night, but his hair was neatly fixed.  He walked into the dining room, smelling the creme of wheat and coffee. 

Timothy Drake was sitting at his usual spot, sipping coffee, and looking wore out.  Dick Grayson, in his usual spot as well, appeared fine.  He was sipping his own coffee, while messing with his phone.  Jason Todd had not yet arrived.

Damian sat down at his spot, and began to eat.  Lightly blowing on the hot food.   Taking a bite, he silently enjoyed the sweet bliss.

"Tim, I'll be accompanying you to Mt. Justice.  Barry informed me that the team hasn't had a assessment this month, nor last month."  Dick spoke up.

Tim looked up at him.  "Really?"  He asked curiously.  A nod. "While filling in the positions that Bruce... left, includes responsibility of the team."  He explained.

Tim smirked.  "Just like old times."  "Don't get ahead of yourself, Timmy."  Dick responded quickly.  "Old times?"  Damian piped up, curious. Dick sighed, although smiling, and took a bite of his soup.

"Dick was the first sidekick." "Partner." "Same thing.  Anyway, he was the first kid hero, and inspired others.  Kid flash, aqualad, speedy, so on.  Later, they formed a team of kid heros, young justice. Dick actually became leader."  Tim explained.

"I eventually left, deciding to go solo." Dick stated simply, before sipping his coffee.  "That, and the kids their are jerks."  Jason said as he walked in, taking a seat.

"Oh yeah.  I remember that..." Tim sighed sadly.  "Dick sent Kalder undercover.  Kalder pretended to turn evil, and joined black mantis. Then, Artemis went undercover, and pretended to die.  In the end, Dicks plan saved the entire world, with only one casualty.  Everyone blamed him, and turned on him..."  He said.

Dick stayed silent, scrolling on his phone.  He still easily remembered everyone's rage.

"Your the real traitor!"

"We trusted you!"

"Its YOUR fault Wallys dead!"

"Go kill yourself!"

"Monster!

"Talon!"

He set down his mug and sighed.  "I hope this goes over smoothly.  If they don't listen to be when it comes to missions, they may get themselves killed..."  He stated.  Jason scoffed. "They'll listen.  I don't think anyone will say anything.  If they do, just give them a Batglare.  Yours has always been worse then the old mans."  He smirked.

"Ha!  Beast boy would mess his pants!"  Tim laughed.

"Please, do try to be polite at the table."  Alfred said, coming out of the kitchen with a small smile.

"Wait wait wait! The laugh! You have to!"  Jason said, pointing at Dick, who was beaming.  His brother always had a way of lifting his spirits.

"I believe I do, don't I?"  He agreed. 

"Okay okay, when do we leave?"  Timothy asked, excited. 

"Six.  Some of them have school."  He stated.  "Man, I keep forgetting..."  Tim groaned.  "That's because you don't have school, dummy! Your a genius, you passed everything early and skipped!"  Jason supplied.

"You never had to go through the horror me and Dick did!"  He complained, pointing his spoon at the longer haired teen.  "Horror."  He said firmly.

"I was actually home schooled half the year.  Even then, Bruce was hesitant on putting me in senior middle school."  Dick wistfully mentioned.  Jason laughed.  "Dude, we ended up being in the same year.  That was fun."  Jason chuckled.

"You would have been a freshmen... how did you pass that?"  Damian raised a eyebrow.  Jason rolled his eyes.  "I'm not stupid.  I'm a street rat, but that's not stupid." 

"Just arrogant."  Timothy mumbled with a smile.

"Replacment, don't even-" 

"Destul, boys." (Enough)

Jason sighed and ate his food, as did Tim.  Damian smirked, and followed suit. 

______________________________________________________________________________________
Bat Cave - 5:56 PM

"Ready, Sparrow?"  Batman asked, as he finished fixing his glove.  "Yep."  Sparrow said, giving a thumbs up.  Batman turned to Jason Todd and Damian.  "Try not to destroy  anything expensive." 

"You sound so much like Bruce, it's honestly amazing."  Jason sighed, exasperated.

"You have your moments."  The talon jabbed back with a smirk.  He gazed toward Sparrow, and nodded.  "Let's go."  Sparrow and Batman walked up onto the Zeta ramp, and entered in their destination. 

Batman B-0-1

Sparrow B-0-12

______________________________________________________________________________________
Mount Justice - 5:57 PM

The light faded, and the female voice stopped.  Imeditatly, the sight that greeted the two Gotham vigilantes were the group of young hero's waiting for them.

"You owe me a bag of chicken wizzies..."  Blue Beetle, A.K.A Jamie Reyes, said to his stunned friend, Kid Flash, A.K.A Bart Allan.   "I don't believe it..."  The speedster said in awe.

Super boys eyes narrowed, but he stayed silent, as did Megan.  However, one person did not.  "So it's true? Nightwing took up the mantle? The traitor?" Lagoon Boy spoke.

"Peace, Lagan.  Let's not begin a battle.  This is not the time... it never was."  Kalder spoke grimly to the other Atlantian.  Lagoon Boy growled, but said nothing more.

Batman sent a nod of gratitude toward the dark skinned male.  He then turned his hidden, but glowing eyes on everyone.   "I will be taking up responsibility for this team." He spoke boldly.  "Assesments, mission briefing, safety, and everything else the first Batman handled."  He listed.

"If this displeases you, I apologize, but shall politely side line your displeasure.  This is final."  He ended firmly, narrowing his golden lenses. 

Everyone was silent, but Lagan.  "How can we trust you?  You might send us to our graves!"  He shouted.  All eyes turned to him, and before Kalder could scold him, Batman responded.

"Did I not trust you when you first came to this team?  Did I not turn my back to you, in trust?  Furthermore, did I not risk my life for you?"  He asked.  Lagoon Boy was silent, with teeth gritted.

"Are you dead?"  Batman asked coldly, glaring at the Atlantian.

Silence.  You could hear a pin drop.

Batman smirked. 

"Let's begin."