Cold Blood | 19

Mount Justice - 8:21 PM

"Aqualad, fail."  The computer voice stated.

A black glove reached out to the fallen Atlantian, who gladly accepted it.  "Better then I remember, my friend."  Kalder commented fondly.

"Same to you, Kalder."  The second Batman responded with a faint smile, pulling his old comrade up easily.

The dark knight then turned to the other resting hero's.  They all never managed to beat the Gothamite.  Even in a group.  "You all did excellent. Canary has taught you well."  He stated.

"However, I feel it best that you were to get a few new teachers.  Expand your knowledge.  I'll discuss this with, perhaps, superman and green lantern."  He said.  The teens interest spiked.

"That. Would. Be. Awesome!"  Kid flash yelled, raising his arms. 

Batman smirked, and pulled off the cowl. Dick Grayson then used his cackle, letting it surprise the older members.

Megan started to laugh, and Superboy couldn't suppress his smile.  Garfield cheered, along with Jamie, and Bart.  Cassie, Sparrow, and Kalder smiled happily.  Kalder put a hand on his friends shoulder.  "I never thought I would hear that again."  He chuckled.

Dick shrugged, and pulled the cowl back on.  The smile faded, taking on the role of the Bat again.  "Good luck, Young Justice."  He said calmly.

Sparrow hopped up, and followed after his new mentor.  The zeta beams lit up, and announced their departure.

Batman B-0-1

Sparrow B-0-12

______________________________________________________________________________________
Bat Cave - 8:23 PM

The zeta computer went silent, and Batman and Sparrow were greeted by their two partners.

"How'd it go?"  Jason asked.

"It went great, actually!"  Tim answered quickly, taking off the mask.  "Lagan was a jerk, but man!  Did Dick shut him up, quick!"  He laughed.  Jason smirked.  "Sweet."  He replied.

Damian interrupted.  "Will we be starting patrol?"  He asked, looking toward Dick.  The older man contemplated, before nodding.  "Why not?"  He said, before pulling on the cowl. 

"Jason, with me.  We will patrol west Gotham.  Tim, Damian, you two will patrol south.  Clear?" 

"Must I be stuck with Drake?"  Damian asked, annoyed.  "Hey! I don't like it either!" Tim growled.  Dick intervened. "Yes. You two need to learn how to get along.  If you don't, you might get killed.  Think on that as you work. Together." He ordered.

Both submitted, and Damian and Jason went to change.

"Are you sure that's the wisest idea, Master Dick?"  The voice of Alfred asked, as he walked from the elevator, toward the two heros.  "Jason and I had to get along.  Bruce put us together on patrol.  In the end, we returned close knit."  He replied.

Alfred hummed.  "Yes, that's true.  Very well, Master Dick.  I wish you luck."  "Thanks, Alfie."  Batman smiled faintly.  "I think I'm still gonna die or get beheaded..." Sparrow muttered. 

Robin and Red Hood returned, ready for a nights work.  "Let's Get going, bro." 

"Calling the Batman 'bro.' Things have become so weird..." Sparrow commented. That earned a raised eye brow from Robin.

"You are a vigilante super hero, in a team of more super hero's, and live within a city of evil clowns, and raging beasts.  Yet, this is strange?"  He asked.