Cracks | 8

Gotham City - 8:00 PM

Nightwing ran across the roof tops, his partner, Robin, following him side by side, stride in stride.  "Heading towards a possible location of newly named Professor Pyg.  Location being east side Gotham, 234, field street."

"Copy that, Wing.  Request that you inspect, but do not engage unless necessary.  I'm on stand by. " 

"Copy that, Oracle."  The vigilante finished.

Nightwing flipped and landed on metal stairs on the side of a apartment building, before quickly leaping off it and running up the wall of the office building next to the apartments, and reaching the roof. 

He climbed over and walked to the other side of the roof.  Robin suddenly stood beside him, having easily kept up with the other former Assassin. 

The two lept down onto a motor cycle, one of their discretely placed vehicles for emergencies.  Nightwing hitting the gas, and Robin's cape flowing in the wind.

They drove a few miles for screeched to a stop and hopping off.

"Arrived at location.  Abandoned house of fun.  Previously used by the Joker.  No other structures in the area."  Nightwing informed into the comm as he gazed at the building. "Awaiting pass to inspect."  He finished.

A few moments passed before Oracal responded through the comms. "Pass granted, Nightwing.  Proceed with caution.  We've had these before, never as it seems."  She stated.

"Copy that."  Nightwing replied. 

The elder vigilante looked down at his partner, and nodded.  The younger nodded in return, and they both headed toward the building.

Nightwing took lead, and grappled onto the roof, landing silently.  Robin landed next him, cape swooshing behind him.  Nightwing looked at his partner, and narrowed his eyes, then turned his gaze to a skylight. 

Robin received the message easily, nodding in confirmation.  He followed his brother toward it, and they both dropped down, landing quietly once again, as the trained assassins they were, onto the rafters.

The stuck together, treading lightly through the dark building, seemingly gliding across the rafters.  Robin stopped, causing Nightwing to stop with him. 

Robin pointed down below them, and Nightwing followed the instruction.  His golden eyes, hidden behind the white mask lenses, searched the darkness below them. 

He nodded, keeping his eyes down.  They both dropped down at the same time, landing with ease, and standing up.  The area they stood in was lightly lit with moonlight glowing through the skylights and holes.  Dust was to be seen floating through the beams of light.

Between them was a person, female, on her knees, slumped.  Her hands together in front of her, and seeming to barely breathe. 

Nightwing bent down and put a hand on her shoulder.  He was about to speak to her, until she looked up.  He didn't falter, his eyes did not widen.  It wasn't something that shocked him, seeing as it was hard to do so.  He simply closed his mouth.

The girls face was covered with a mask, that was blended with the girls face.  It was attached.  Robin's jaw tightened, but he stood tall.  Letting the elder hero handle it. 

"Where is Pyg?"  Nightwing asked.

The girl tilted her head.  "The professor will see you soon." She responded. Her voice light, yet clear. 

"Who is Pyg?"  Nightwing asked. 

"He is the professor.  He is perfect.  He has made me perfect.  He can make you perfect.  All he wants is to make the world... perfect."  She informed.

"How?"  Nightwing asked, narrowing his eyes.

The girl was quit for a moment, before she spoke again.  "The professor will see you now."  She stated. 

Robin narrowed his eyes and turned around.  Nightwing stood up and turned as well, both hero's gazing at the new comer.

"New patients? Ahhh..."  The man said.  His voice deep and raspy.  He wore a white, stained apron, and a pig masked.  A noticeably large butcher knife in his hand rather loosely.

"Professor Pyg."  Robin greeted coldly.  His  sharp eye catching that the apron stains were blood and the mask had them as well.  The knife seemed clean, however.

"Robin, Nightwing.  What do I owe the plesure of this... visit?"  Pyg asked, tilting his head.  "You know perfectly well, Pyg."  Robin spat.  "Your actions are unacceptable."  The young hero stated with gritted teeth at the monster before him.

Pyg seemed quite, but his shoulders shook and then his raspy voice turned light as he laughed strangely.  "I only want to help people!"  He said, no rasp or deep thickness in his voice. 

"To make poeple... perfect!"  He said, deeper and now raspy again.  "Like this precious child."  He gestured toward the girl.  "One of my best!"  He said chipperly.  "My Precious, dollotron child."  He said, raising alarms in the vigilantes brains. 

"This way is wrong.  No one is perfect."  Nightwing calmly, but coldly, stated.  His eyes narrowing.  Pyg gazed at him.  "But they can!"  He said, voice high, before going low.  "And allow me to show you."  He added.

The girl- a dollotron- suddenly sprang up and latched... itself?... onto Nightwing.  Robin swung to look at his partner in alarm.  Nightwing growled and fought it off, but Pyg was now gone, and the room flooded with crawling dollotrons. 

There was no time to play around, cause both hero's flipped to avoid swinging limbs with long nails aiming at them.  The dollotrons would jump to tackle the vigilantes, sometimes making it, but being swung off.

The... things... were fast.  Quick and swift, rather intelligent in team work, and creepy.  Robin ducked under one and kicked another.  Nightwing hit one across the face with his sticks, sending it back and he dodged another.

As mentioned, the once humans turned monster, were smart.  Nightwing and Robin were separated greatly by the swarms, and Nightwing was being backed into a stairwell that led to rooms underneath the building. 

Nightwing soon lost his sticks, and was forced to use his talons.  He punched and swung at the masses around him.  However, he soon realised he had just killed a few with hard, chest, and head blows, and ripped limbs.  That made him pause.

The dollotrons took their chance, and sent him reeling with multiple attacks, forcing him away.

He lost his balance, and fell down the stairs, breaking a rib, and giving himself a headache, and bruises.  He quickly looked up the stair well, seeing the swarms invading the tight space.  His eyes widened, and he booked it.

The lower level was a maze of horrors.  He hopped over walls, and ducked under pop out stuffed dummies.  He turned corner and was met with more dollotrons.  His eyes widened, before he was knocked out. 

Robin wasn't doing much better, the swarms never ending, and without a partner suddenly.  He was losing energy and ground.  Doomed to fail.

That was confirmed when he felt pain in his head, and blacked out. 

Not good...

Go ahead and give me some feed back!  I want to hear your opinion, just don't be rude.

~Legendary