Ticking | 9

House Of Fun | Lower Levels - ?:??

Nightwing stirred. He sat up and noticed he was surrounded by walls. He remembered going into the maze, so he must still be in it. He could tell his ribs already healed. Enhacments have their perks.

He got up and rolled his shoulders. He needed to find Damian, and Pyg. While also keeping in mind the Dollotrons. Nightwing began to walk, making his way around corners. As so, he pondered on the gray, inhuman monsters.

Can they be saved?

How did this happen?

Who are They?

Mind control?

It went on in his head. He didn't walk long though, before a loud, and horrible sound of a microphone squealing rang through the old speakers in the room.

"Glad to see your awake, Nightwing!" Pyg roughly said.

Nightwing narrowed his eyes and listened. "I told you." The man chuckled into the speakers. It sounded harsh, as bad as nails on chalk boards.

"I told you, I'll show you." Pyg stated. "Perfection is possible, and I'll show you. I'll show all of Gotham. I'll gift them with life." He said wistfully through the old speakers.

"Your friend will be complete." He said lowly. "He'll be perfect!" Pyg added, voice higher that time, before dropping. "You'll see soon. You'll see... perfection." The speakers squealed, before going silent.

Nightwing continued walking, turning right and left through the maze. Never flinching when silly card board or stuffed dummies jumped out.

The Talon started counting. His mind was highly trained, so he put a mental clock to count the seconds.

1...

Turn left.

2...

Left again.

3...

Right.

It went on. Until Nightwing's enhanced hearing picked up on ragged breathing. He turned left again, and as predicted, was greeted by shadows, filled with red eyes. Mumbles sounded from the dark area.

Dang...

___________________________________________
House Of Fun | Upper Levels

Robin woke up quietly. He kept his breathing slow, and eyes shut, to sense what was around him without anyone being alerted of his awareness.

He heard a few sounds. Growls and small shouts. A few... indescribable ones to, that sounded unearthly. Robin figured it was dollotrons, but less than before.

He then focused on where he was. He was laying down on his back. He felt cold metal around his wrists and ankles. His arms where stretched above his head, and out to the side, and his legs where straight down. A table. He's been on one before, back at the league.

He then focused on the noises again, figuring how far they were. Other side of the room, or at least away from him well enough. The dollotrons sounded frustrated for a minute, seemingly at each other by the way their sound took turns at each other, and now they were quiet. An occasional... non human sound.

Robin stayed how he was, though. Figuring Pyg would be waiting for him to awake. Which he didn't want just yet.

After a minute or two, he heard the sound of speakers ringing, and then Pyg' s rough voice came through.