Prologue

I look at the pregnancy test in my hand. 'Positive'. It looks almost mocking in the light of the window. It was a one night stand, how can this happen. I thought he used protection. I start to cry, but quietly so my parents can't hear me. Oh my god, my parents, they are going to kill me. And my older brother. I start crying even more. My brother has always been protective of me. He will kill the guy if I tell him. And lock me in my room like Rapunzel. I don't even understand how this happened. I can't tell Ryder, he will just reject me and the baby. He hates kids. And commitments for that matter. I have made a decision. I can't stay here.

I head downstairs to talk to my parents.

"Mom."

"What, Honey?" my mom is the most amazing women ever. She has been supportive of all my decisions and raised me well. I guess, until now.

"I have to tell you something."

"Ok, but let's wait until your brother gets home with your brother," Shit, why me?

I got to my room and start to read my book, Shadowhunters. I love these books, they are the best. I cry when Jace gets stabbed in the heart. I usually don't cry over books. UGH. Hormones. I am already sick of being pregnant and I haven't even been for long. This is gonna be a long 9 months.

"Beth, dinner," My mom yelled from downstairs," I'm scared anyone else.

I walk like a slug, turtle, and anything else that is slow down the stairs. I fell the sweat dripping down my face.

'C' mon Beth, you can do this'

'No I can't'

'Let's go, Beth"

Stupid little voice in my head. Always have to go against what I think. I go and sit in my chair and see that the rest of my family is there. Matt my brother is 1 year older than me. He is 17 and is graduating in a year. He is kind of a player. I think that's why he is so protective of me because he doesn't want me to end up with someone like him.

"Dig in guys, " My mom says.

We aren't a really religious family, so we don't pray every night or stuff like that.

"So, Beth, your mother said that you had something to tell us," My dad said.

"Oh yeah, about that," I laughed nervously and my hands started sweating, so I wiped them on my jeans.

"It's not that important, really, dad," I feel like I'm about to puke my guts outs, not from being pregnant either.

"Nonsense, Beth, just tell us," my dad says.

"Uh," Oh my god, cue the panic attack.

I blurt it out, "I'm Pregnant."

"What," They ll say at the same time.

"I'm sorry, It was a mistake, and I was drunk, but I don't know what to do and...." My words start to incoherent because I start crying.

"Oh, honey," Mom comes over to me and hugs me fro the side. It's that kind of mom comfort.

"What the FUCK," my brother yelled.

"Who?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Why?"

"You know why."

"So I can beat his ass, obviously."

"That's why I'm not telling you."

The rest of the night I got lectures and questions about everything. I agreed with mom an dad that I would move to my Aunt's house, which is about 4 hours away. I just don't want to deal with Ryder and everyone at the school. I would be the laughing stock at the school.

I will leave in a few days. I really don't want to start a new school in the middle of the year, but... I pack my suitcases and some boxes of my things. I won't be leaving permanently so I won't be extra and take my whole room with me. I feel some excitement in going, which surprised me. My cousin, Melody, is about the same age as me. I haven't seen her in a few years, and we got along pretty well. I lay down and drift off to sleep thinking about the long, stressful day that I had just had

Oh, and did I forget to mention that Ryder Jenkins is My Brother's Best Friend.