Chapter 12

Friday couldn't come fast enough. When Ryder asked me it was Saturday. Today is Thursday. Only Thursday. Is it just me or has this week gone by way slower than the rest of them. I have to go to school but I'm not going tomorrow. Rosie had to go to the doctor at 10 so I decided to take the rest of the day off. Ryder isn't taking the whole day off just leaving school for a few hours. Ever since Rosie said Dada he has been wanting to see Rosie all the time, but with Matt and Dad not knowing it's hard. It's about 5 o'clock right now and I am taking Rosie to Ryder's house. I grab her diaper bag and put her in her carseat, and she is already antsy. I walk down the hallway and run into Dad.

"Hey, Bug," Dad says I walk in the kitchen, ready to head out the door.

"Oh, hey,dad," I say and glance around the kitchen.

"What are you doing, and where are you taking my mini bug?" He asked and looks at me.

"Ok, dad, I have to tell you something, and you can't freak out, Ok," I say and look at him.

"Ok, I'm listening," He says and puts down the newspaper he has in his hand," I look him in the eye.

"I'm taking Rosie to see her dad," I say and Rosie starts to mumble.

"DADA," Rosie yells at that time, which makes me hit my forehead. Talk about bad timing.

"Not now, Rosie," I say as she starts to wiggle in her carseat more.

"DADA, dada, DADA," She starts crying out.

"Not now, Rosie," I repeat again, and I forget that my dad is there because he stops talking. I really don't want a meltdown right now so I decide to call Ryder.

"Ok, baby, guess what? I'm going to call daddy right now and you can hear him until we get to him ok," I say and call Ryder on my phone.

"Hey, Rosie is yelling for you, I'm putting you on the speaker so she can hear you until we get to your house," I say into the phone.

"Ok, just take a deep breath and let me talk to her," He say and I hand the phone to Rosie.

"Dada," She says and Ryder starts talking to her. It's cute how close they have gotten since we got her.

"Hey, baby, Dads right her, calm down for mom so you can get here faster, ok," He says and that makes her calm down and she is soon all happy and giggling.

"Dada," She says.

"Bye, flower," He says and I take the phone from her. He's so sweet to her it's unbelievable.

"We'll be at your house soon, Ry," I say into the phone and go to hang up.

"Bye, Babe," He says and hangs up.

I pick up Rosie and go to head out of the door. When I hear a voice behind me.

"So, that's Rosie's dad?" He asks and I turn around.

"Yeah," It was. I think he recognized Ryder's voice.

"He loves her very much and so does Rosie," I say and look at my dad.
"Ryder?" He says and I choke on my spit, just a little.

"Don't freak out," I say.

"I already knew about Ryder," My dad says making me look at him in surprise.

"What?" I ask.

"She looks like a tiny version of him and you, it's obvious," He says and I glance at Rosie.

"I guess she does. Do you think that Matt knows?" I ask

"And why are you not mad?" I ask another question.

"No, he's so oblivious, and I had time to get over it," He says and shrugs his shoulders.

"Ok, I'm gonna go now," I say.

"Love you, Bug."

"Love you, too, dad."