Chapter 13

I arrive at Ryder's house and I see a car in the driveway. I don't know whose it is though. Huh. Guess I'll just walk in.

Walking up the steps I'm nervous. Why, I don't know. Actually.... I do. It's the first time seeing Ryder since he asked me out. I don't want anything to be awkward or different.

I open the door and wall through the hallway to the living room. I hear voices talking but I can't make out who it is. One voice, I'm guessing, is Ryder's. He is obviously here since I just called him and told him to be.
I walk closer.

"C'mon dude, why are you trying to get me to go?" I hear my brother say. Crap.

"No reason, just got a guest coming," Ryder responds in a neutral tone, but inside he is probably freakin out, like me. Or maybe I should just tell him, right now. Suddenly, I am grateful that Rosie fell asleep on the way here.

"Ohh, is a a girl, Ryder we used to tell each other everything," Matt says a Whitney voice and I try to hold in a giggle. He sounds like a girl.

"It's no one Matt," Ryder says.

"Ok, if it's no one I'm going to sit on the couch and stay here," Matt responds and I lean closer and CREAKKKK..... you have got to be f*cking kidding me. Stupid floorboard. Whyyyy....

I guess now is the time, maybe. I don't want to do this...

"Someone is here aren't they Ryder?" My brother says and I peek my head around the corner so Ryder is the only one who can see me.

We look at each other and I nod my head a little, signaling that he could tell my brother that I was here.

"Yes, Someone is her," Ryder says and I walk out with Rosie's car seat I my hand.

"Hey Matty," I say and wave my unused hand awkwardly.

"Hey Beth," Matt responds and looked at me in confusion.

At that moment Rosie decides to wake up and cry for her dad. Great. This girl has got to have the worst timing in the whole world.

"Daaaaa," Rosie screams and Ryder comes to me and picks her up.

"Shhh, Daddy's here baby," Ryder says. Immediately she stops crying.

We look at Matt, and he has a murderous glare on his face.

"I can explain," I say.

Really short, Sorry