Chapter 11

"Spill...." Johnny says as he plops down on my bed

"Well Ryder is the Rosie's dad," I said even though he probably already knew that. Johnny was always a very observant person. When he first became my friend when i moved in with my aunt he found out i was pregnant before i did.

"Well, duh, girlie, I figured that out but what is happening between you two?" He asked, making me blush.

"Nothing, really, we been focused on Rosie," That wasn't a lie, Ryder and I had been completely focused on Rosie and the last and even though we got close nothing ever happened between us yet. Even if i wanted it to. Not that I would ever admit that out loud.

"Wait. Does he know?" He asked and I nod my head, while he continues," So he knows, and Rosie likes him?"

"Yeah, Rosie loves him, every time he comes near him she reaches her arms out and whines when she doesn't go to him," I say.

"Awww, That's s cute, what about Matt?" He asked me and I looked at him confused.

"What about Matt, what?" I ask.

"I mean does Matt know about Ryder?" He asked me but I don't get the chance to answer

"What do I do or don't know about Ryder?" Matt asked standing in the door, where we obviously were to busy in our conversation to notice him there, and I look at him wide eyed. Rosie must be downstairs with Ryder, which is weird for Matt.

"Nothing." I say quickly getting off the bed and grabbing Johnny's hand as I walk out the door.

"Nice one," I say as me and Johnny get to the kitchen downstairs.

"What? I didn't know he was there and you still haven't told me, although we that back there I'm guessing its a no." He says as he goes through the fridge, obviously looking for food.

"Guessing its a no, what?" Ryder says as he enters the kitchen with Rosie in his hands.

"What is with you people, just showing up everywhere." I say, throwing my hands up in the air while Ryder glares at Johnny.

"Are you going to answer my question or ignore me, like you have since Johnny got here?" He says Johnny's name annoyingly.

"I am not ignoring you Ryder I just haven't seen you," I say.

"What do you mean you haven't seen me. I've been downstairs with our child while you were probably fondling Johnny upstairs." At this I laugh. Like really laugh. Sometimes he is so oblivious. To Everything.

"What are you laughing at," He says confused as he sets Rosie in her playpen. And I see Johnny leave the room out of the corner of my eye.

"You, you are so stupid," I say.

"How am I stupid," He asked.

"Wait," I pause for the dramatic effect because I was that extra,"Are you, jealous."

"What, no," He says as he blushes.

"You are," I say while looking at him.

"FINE, maybe I was, because we have a kid together," He says but I can tell that he is lying we used to be really close.

"Are you sure that's all it is," I say as take a step forward, looking him in the eyes.

"Yes, I am," He says as he also takes a step forward, still looking me in the eyes.

"Ok, but I don't believe you just so you know," I take another step.

"Don't you," He asks and take a step forward. By now are faces are close and our chest are almost touching.

He takes my cheeks around his hands and we look at each other. Until finally. The kiss I've dreamed about since I was a little girl is happening in real life.

"That was.... nice," I say and back away from him looking anywhere but his face. I'm kind of embarrassed. What if it was bad.

"Yeah, it was," He says looking at me.

"We should do that way more often," He says and my eyes widen.

"Maybe," I say and finally look at him.

"But before that I want to ask you something," He says and that makes me look at him finally.

"What?" I say.

"Will you, Bethany Taylor, go on a date with me. A real date with dinner and flowers and all that romantic shit," He asks and looks nervous. Its kind of adorable. He doesn't get nervous often and he does around me.

"I'll think about it....," I say and pause and he looks away, I grab his head and face it towards me. "Thought about it, Yes." I say and kiss him. It last for a little while longer and I hear Rosie mumble a few words. We both look at her.

"Dada," She say and we gasp. (I know babies cant talk this early, but i wanted her to, so..)

I pick her up and ask her what she said.

"Dada," She says again.

Ryder then picks her and lifts her in the air.

"Did you hear that Bethy," He asks me.

"She said her first word, She said dada," The look on Ryder's face right now is so happy that it make me smile. Even though I'm kind of disappointed that she didn't say my name first. I laugh at him as he dances around the kitchen happily.

"That's great, babe," He stops and looks me.

"Babe, huh? I like it. Can I call you nickname, umm, sweet-pea," He asks.

I laugh. "No Ryder you can't call me things, and that was a one time thing," I say back.

Ryder gets Rosie and puts her down with her toys.

"I need to talk to you about something," He says and we sit down on the couch and I sit beside him.

"Your brother," He says and I groan. Matty has always been super protective of me and he would kill Ryder when he found out.

"I know you don't want to tell him but we have to," He says.

He gets off the couch and kisses me quickly."I will see you tomorrow," He grabs his jacket off the chair.

"Friday at 7, I'll pick you up," He says and walks out the house, before I could say anything.

Needless to say, that night I went to bed smiling.