Chapter 3

Beth's P.O.V

"Hey, Babe." Oh god no.

"Move, out of my way Ryder." Looking at his face again it really reminded me of Rosie, even though she is a girl, but she had his eyes and nose, while she got my hair color. Well, so far, babies features can change when they are little.

"Are you purposely trying to ignore me?" He asked.

"No, I just want to go back and watch the movie, we are missing it you know."

"C' mon B I know when you are lying, and that right there is a lie."

"Wh- What are you talking about," I said trying not to sound as scared as I am on the inside.

"You know what I'm talking about, ever since.. well you know, you have avoided me like the plague."

"Have you ever thought that I just don't want to talk to you."

"Too bad."

He grabs my wrist and pulls me up the stairs to the... attic? Once we got up there I could see a balcony and chairs on it. I figured that is where he is taking me to 'talk'. He then picked me up and sat me down on the chair while he sat on the one opposite to it.

"See, now you have to talk to me." 

"What do you want to talk about then Ry," Crap I called him by his old nickname.

"Ry, huh."

"I like it," He said

"So, what have you been up to since you left." He asked.

"Nothing much, school, my friends," "Rosie," I said under my breath.

"Huh," He asked. Ok, obviously not under my breath enough.

"Nothing," I say quickly, a little too quickly.

"Ok, so what is your favorite color," I immediately start laughing.

"What is so funny," He asked me.

"That was just an awkward question, we used to know everything about each other." I used to hang out with Ryder and Matt when we were little all the time, till they reached middle school and high school and were too good for little old me.

"Really," He said, "Last time I knew everything about you-you were probably eleven."

"Still counts." At this, he starts chuckling.

"What's so funny," I said mocking him.

"Did you just mock me," he says with a serious face.

"Maybe."

"Oh, you are going to get it now." He walks over to me and starts to tickle my sides. My sides have always been super sensitive. (A/N this is actually really true, anyone else)

"Sto-St-stop, Ryder, stop," I couldn't control my laughter. I always thought that my laugh was ugly, but Ryder somehow always likes it.

"Still have your beautiful laughter I see," He backs away from me with a smirk on his face.

"I hate you so much," I say.

"No, you love me." He replies.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes." Dang, it. He always does this.

"See I knew you loved me."

"You are such an ass, Ryder Jenkins."

"And you love me, Bethany Taylor," When he says this I groan.