Chapter 2

I wake up with the sunlight streaming through the window. God, that is so annoying. Rosie isn't up yet, and I feel kind of glad. She needs her sleep since we got home so late last night. I hear banging pans and voices downstairs. I figure it is mom and brother. Dad should have already left for work because he has a job that makes him work on the weekends, which I find crazy. Weekends is my hardcore famil/Rosie time.

I walk down the stairs and smell breakfast. I feel like all my senses have been heightened since I have become a mother. Is that just me? I hear my mom talking to Matt about, me...?

Matt asked mom who she thought the father of Rosie was. They will never guess. She said that she had no idea but she knew it was a one night stand. She then proceeded to ask Matt if he was still going to Ryder's later. I froze at the sound of his name. I really hope that I can hold the secret for a while longer. I am not ready for anyone to know that it is him, and he is not ready to be a father. At least from the old Ryder, I know. Mom then spots me coming down the stairs.

"Good morning, hun."

"Morning mom," I am really surprised she hasn't asked about Rosie yet.

"So do I have a granddaughter or a grandson," I forgot to mention. I haven't been in contact with my mom at all since I got pregnant, and I really don't do social media. That probably sounds weird but it's me.

"You don't know?"

"No, since you refused all contact with me."

"It wasn't on purpose, I was just really busy."

I hear Rosie start to cry from upstairs. I say excuse me to my mom and run up to grab her. I quickly change her diaper. Which if I do say so myself I had gotten really good at in the last 5 months. I get her dressed and take her downstairs. I grab baby formula from her diaper bag and warm up water. Then my mom walks in the kitchen.

She starts saying aww and immediately takes her from my hands and talks to her in a baby voice. My mom had always liked kids, babies especially. But baby fever is contagious. I finish warming up her bottle and take it to my mom in the living room. I start to hear her start to fuss. I grab her from my mom and sit in the rocking chair, feeding her.

"She is perfect, Beth," My mom says.

"I know," I say, looking at her.

"Why didn't you contact me while you were at your Aunt's?"  

"I was just so busy with Rosie, and being pregnant, It was a really stressful time."

"Ok, so when are you gonna start school, again?" Mom asked.

"Probably on Monday."

"Are you sure? If its too soon you don't have to."

"I think it is fine, It gives me a few days to get settled in." Today was Saturday, so I should be good by Monday. Even though I am not ready to face him.

"Ok, I am going to go shopping, I will see you and the cutie later."

"Bye."

*LATER THAT NIGHT*

"Hey, sis."

"Hey, Matty."

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Probably gonna have a night in, catching up on my Wattpad reading."

"K, I am going to Ryder's now, If you want to come." I noticeably freeze at the sound of his name.

"I-I'm good, no thanks."

"Oh, come on, you haven't seen the guys in forever, and some of your old friends will be there."

"Who will watch Rosie?" I say trying to get out of it.

"I'm sure mom would love too." Dang.

"Fine."

     I give Rosie to my mom and tell her about her nightly routine. I can't help it, it is the motherly instinct in me.

"Ok, so she has to be fed at 7, and then giver her a bath because I haven't for a few days, she has to be in bed by 9, Oh, and she likes when you sing to her and rock her to sleep. Maybe she won't go to sleep without me. And she likes-----" I was cut off by my mom.

"I will be fine, I did raise you-you know, and you turned out fine."

"Fine."

I kiss Rosie on the head and say mommy loves her. I haven't really left her that much since she was born. Except for school, and those hours were torturous.

I hop in the car with Matt, and we start driving to Ryder's. His family is major rich. And his house shows it. We pull up to the gate and Matt talks to the security guard. They seem friendly towards each other. We pull through the gate. Holy shit. This is even more amazing than I remember.

Matt just walks in the door without knocking

Matt just walks in the door without knocking. Okay, so they are still really close. That might not be good for me. We walk through the hallway to the living room and I see all my friends or my brother's friends from school. I didn't know that my friends were so close to them. Marie and Andrea, my friends, were sitting on a couch opposite to Noah, Bryan and, Oh. I haven't seen him since.... well you know.

Ryder's P.O.V (Suprise)

I always had a crush on Matt's younger sister, Beth. I mean, how couldn't you, she was perfect. With brown hair flowing down her back and her blue eyes so innocent and pure. I haven't seen her in almost a year. In fact, she had spoken to me since we drunkenly had sex. I said it was a mistake but in my head, I didn't really think it was. I knew she thought it was a mistake.  I heard that she went to her Aunt's house, and now she is back. I asked Matt to bring her with him when he came over tonight. I used her friends as an excuse. I really just wanted to see her.

On the outside, I try and act like she doesn't affect me, and act all confident and cocky. It's true, I am what the high school population considers a man whore. I sleep around with a lot of girls and don't have a girlfriend that lasts more than 2 months. I think it was just to get her out of my head. I hear a car pull up in the drive from the living room from where my friends and I are sitting on the couch. I knew it was Matt because he is the only one not here yet. Another reason I never made a move on her, Matt, he is a really protective older brother. He would kill me if I ever touched her. he is also my best friend. Bro code, ya know.

I hear the footsteps getting closer. Then I see her face. She is more beautiful than the last time I saw her, more mature. I stare into her eyes like we are having a staring contest. I hear a cough from the other side of the room, probably form Marie. It breaks us out of our daze. They start to screech and give her hugs. I decided that I will talk to her later. Noah and Bryan go up to her and giver her small hugs too. I can't help but feel a little jealous. While hugging Noah she looks at me over her shoulders with wide eyes, and I can't help but notice why. I give her a smug smirk and she gives me one back. Hmmm, looks like she got more confident in the last year. Last time I saw her she was still a shy little girl. Except when we were.... you know. After all the hugs are done she goes and takes a spot on the chair. I put in a scary movie that we decided to watch.

In the middle of the movie, I see Beth get up. Probably to go to the bathroom. I slowly get up and follow her. I go to the door of the upstairs bathroom and hear to toilet flush. She walks out looking at the ground, she runs into my chest and makes a cut squeaky noise. her cheeks immediately turned red.

"Hey, Babe."