Chapter 5

"Hey All," I say as I walk through the door with Rosie in her car seat. I had just picked her up from daycare. She looked like she liked it a lot. She was talking in her baby babbles and I thought it was the most adorable thing ever.

"Hey," My mom says. My brother is in the living playing some war game on the PlayStation. My mom grabs Rosie from me and starts talking in a baby talk, while tickling her stomach. She giggles really loudly, and as I said it was the cutest thing ever.

"What's for dinner," I ask her, because food is life. In the other room, because we have an open floor plan in our house I hear Matt say " It's just Rosie."

I run out of the room and don't even wait for moms reply.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask very quickly.

"Woah Beth, slow down," Matt says.

"Who are you talking to on your headphones...," I say slower.

"Oh it's just Ryder he was asking what the giggle was, " He says and my eyes widen.

"You do realize you just said Rosie in front of him right...," I said like he was an idiot ( please don't take this offensly ). At this he gives me a deadpaned face.

"They are going to have to find out sometime anyway, Beth," He says.

"Yeah, but I want to tell them, and I don't want it to be now." At this he unplugs the headphones from the PlayStation and Ryder's voice can be heard throughout the living room.

"Tell me what, guys I really want to know, you were doing this last night too," Ryder says.

"Not now Ryder," and I roll my eyes even though he can't see me.

"Buut Bethy and/or Matty because apparently you know too, and didn't tell your best friend," That made me feel kind of guilty because it's the truth. Ryder is Matt's best friend and because of me he has to keep secrets from him. I want to tell them. Both of them, but I am scared. What if Matt attacks Ryder and tells him. What's happens when Ryder finds out the truth? And doesn't accept his own kid? Then with that though in my mind I think that I am going to tell Ryder. Tommorow, after school, I will March to his house and sit him down and tell him the truth. Then after I tell Ryder I will work up to telling Matt. After a while they are done playing the game and I head up to my room.

Mom calls me down for supper and I realize that this is the first time I will see my dad for the first time since I had Rosie. Honestly, he should have seen her by now. But, he works a lot, and we have different schedules. I grab Rosie from where she is sitting on the floor playing with wooden blocks, and head down the staircase to the dining room.

I smell spaghetti and garlic bread before I even get there. This is one of Rosie's favorites. I can tell she can smell it to because she starts to bounce in my arms and baby babbles. Which again I say is pretty friggin adorable.

I sit her in her chair and make her a plate. My mom and brother are already down and are waiting to get their food, probably for me. I set Rosie's plate in front of her and tell her to wait a minute. I fix my plate and sit next to Rosie's high chair. My mom is at the head of the table and I am sitting across from my brother.

I hear the front door open and loud steps down the hall. My dad appears in the door frame and stops in his tracks when he sees Rosie. I think I see a faint smile on his lips, even though I was a teen pregnancy. I think  he likes the fact that he has a grandchild. He takes a seat at the other end of the table across from after giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Beth, I missed you bug," My dad has always called me but, ever since I was a baby. I secretly liked it but pretended like I didn't.

"Dad, still with that nickname," I wined. But was smiling.

"You know you love it," he says smiling at me to and he suddenly gets all sentimental," I can't believe my baby had a baby."

"I can't believe it either, her name is Rosie, she is around four/five months old," I said.

"I'm a grandpa," He says under his breath, even though we could all hear it.

"Yeah, you are," Now I was full on smiling and I was really happy. The rest of the night went perfectly, a perfect family dinner. I went to sleep and was kind of dreading tommorow, because I AM telling Ryder tommorow.