Chapter 1 ~ Sky

Sleep still lulling in my head, I walked out the door in my scratchy school uniform, to be greeted with the sight of the two boys I loved most. Joe smiled and pulled me into his arms, kissing my forehead.

"Uh, you guys ready to walk?" Dylan said, his eyebrow raising a question. Joe laughed.

"Relax, Dyl. Jesus." Dylan rolled his eyes and began walking away.

"Wait, Dyl, come on, walk with us!" I shouted.

"Sky, leave him. He's probably on his period." Joe smirked. Joe's jokes were usually goofy, which made them all the more funny, but sometimes he was a little harsh on Dylan.

"Shut up, you" I said, and with his arm draped around my shoulders, we walked to the hell hole we called school.

**********************************************************************************

"Argh, you guys make a single girl sick." Rosa groaned. Joe had just left to meet some of his friends.

"Maybe you'll find someone at the Fifth Star concert. It's Joe's biggest gig yet." I nudged her playfully. After Dylan, Rosa was my best friend, ever since I met her in my English class on my first day at Sandfield and we got along instantly. It was good to have a girl friend, it wasn't like I could talk about how in love I was with Joe with Dylan.

"I doubt I will. Their concerts are packed with girls. Anyway, you must be so proud of him" she said. I was looking on at the busy hallway, year sevens scurrying about. Dylan was on the other side, going through his rucksack, which was balanced on a radiator. His gaze lifted to face me. I smiled. He gave the same weak smile he had given me for the last few weeks. A good walk along the beach with him was definitely needed.

"Uh, Sky? You still there?" Rosa asked, waving a perfectly manicured hand in front of my face.

"What? Yeah, just thinking about homework, that's all. The bell's gonna go in a minute, we should probably get to form." I said. My eyes were still on Dylan as we began to make our way to class. He put his earphones in and flicked on what was probably Nirvana. He was so predictable, but in a kind of lovely familiar way.

"Better go say bye to your other half, then." she said. Joe was in the year above me, so I didn't see him in school unless it was break or lunch. I strode up to his group of friends, Rosa following behind.

"I'm going to form now. See you at lunch, yeah?" I asked.

"Of course" he said and kissed me. His friends wolf whistled and laughed. Immature idiots.

"Get over it!" Joe said loudly. I gave a quick wave and walked away. It was a normal morning, a deceptive start to everything I never would have believed could happen.