Chapter 4 ~ Joe

I was lazing about on the couch, when Dylan came in.

"Where were you? You took off with no warning." I interrogated. He rolled his eyes. If I'm honest, Dylan is kinda pathetic. It's weird to think we're actually related, considering the difference in our personalities.

"I just went for a walk. You should've known, my life is just one big routine." Dylan told me, dropping his coat down on the armchair.

"Were you with Sky?" I raised my eyebrows at him, as he flopped down onto the same armchair.

"Uh, yeah. She was feeling pretty rough about something her Dad said, so she asked if we could walk so she could clear her head." he stated.

"Don't you think it should be me she's going on romantic walks with? I am her boyfriend y'know."

"Joe, there was nothing romantic about it. I was just the first one to open the door, I guess. Completely innocent." Dylan said, crossing his arms.

"Dylan, for a smart kid, you can't take a hint. Sky is my girlfriend, yeah? Not yours. In future let me be the one to give her a shoulder to cry on. I'm just as capable at being all sensitive and supportive as you." I told him. Dylan has literally never had a girlfriend, like, zero. Why would Sky think he knew anything about girls and handling their rabid hormones and demented meltdowns?

"Joe, I'm telling you there's nothing wrong with it. Sky still thinks you're some sort of rock god or heaven on earth and whatever. Don't worry about it. And Sky's my best friend. You can't try to stop us seeing each other." Jesus, what a pansy. What total Romeo and Juliet shit. I stood up and brushed the Dorito crumbs of my shirt. I walked over.

"Correction, Dyl. Sky is your only friend. But you can say goodbye to her." I said as I left, before whacking him across his stupid head.