Chapter 20 ~ Dylan

It was Monday morning, and I had woken up to a silent and empty house. After mum left for work, Joe must have left pretty early. Which was a little unbelievable, as Joe has literally smacked me in the face when Mum's sent me to wake him up in the past. But there was no point wondering where Joe was, because I would probably never find him (even in a place as small as Sandfield) and he would not want to be found. So why bother?

I walked to school with Sky and it suddenly occurred to me how weird and eventful the weekend had been. Things had all moved pretty fast. But really, all that mattered was that Sky and I were together at last. I couldn't help smiling to myself as I thought of this when we entered through the school gates.

"What are you doing, Dylan?" Sky asked me. Oh, so she had noticed the stupid smile. I shrugged at her.

"You're too adorable, Dylan. Stop it, its probably dangerous." She ruffled my hair. When we got to the hallway where form was, Emily rushed over to us.

"You are going to be at El's party, yeah? I'm planning to ask Connor out at the party and I need a good wing woman. Ella's too easily distracted and Rosa won't take me seriously."

Sky shot me a smile.

"Yeah, we'll both be there." Sky declared. Both of us? Shit, I hated parties. Guess that was just a disadvantage of dating one of the most popular girls in our year. I was happy to do anything together, though, which sounds cheesy but its true. Emily squealed and yanked Sky into a hug.

"Since when have you liked Connor?" Sky asked.

"Since Friday. Remember we saw him at the gig? Well, he bought me a drink after you left and we made out for a little and-" Emily babbled before coming to a halt.

"Shit, I only just realised Dylan is right there!" Emily exclaimed. Was I really that invisible?

"It doesn't matter. I get the point." Sky rested her head against my arm, holding my hand. I kissed the top of her head.

"Yeah, you're in love, we get it. You might not want to let Rosa see you like that, she's still quite sensitive. You know, understandably." Emily raised her eyebrows. I was confused so a gave Sky a questioning look. She shook her head at me. The bell rang and we all shuffled into form class. I noticed some boys giving me nods of approval as I had my arm around Sky's shoulders. The stupid smile spread across my face again.