Chapter 11 ~ Sky

I walked up to Aaron, who was packing the drums away. He straightened up and dragged a hand through his black hair.

"What can I do for you, Sky?" Aaron was pretty sweet, and apparently he had a crush on me at some stage, but he wasn't my type, as well as the fact I was with Joe. Flashbacks of the day I first met him when I moved in entered my mind. It was weird to think that now the past year was on the rocks.

"Have you seen Joe? I really need to talk to him." I told him. He looked a little disappointed, which made me feel guilty. But this was not the time.

"Uh, yeah. He's out the back getting some air, I'm quite sure."

"Thanks, Aaron." I half smiled at him and headed over to the back door, before pushing it open. Joe was leaning against the wall beside some plastic crates. One hand was shoved into his pocket, the other holding a cigarette between long pale fingers.

"Joe, please tell me you're not serious. What the hell are you playing at?!" I shouted. He jumped, startled. He hasn't even seen me.

"Sky, sweet cheeks, leave me be. I'll be in now - give me a second." He muttered. What shocked me most was that he didn't seem drunk or even tipsy. It was just him.

"Sweet cheeks? Jesus, Joe. And since when did you smoke?" I questioned.

"Like a month, not that it's any of your business." Where was Joe? The sweet boy who helped me when I was struggling to carry boxes into the new house? What happened to all the cute and goofy jokes?

"I'm your girlfriend, of course it's my business! Oh sorry, did you forget that when your stupid little fan girls were all over you. It looked like that." I couldn't even believe what was happening. The truth was it shouldn't have been happening. I should've trusted Dylan. I pushed my hair back from my face with two hands in frustration.

"I just... God!" I muttered.

"Sky, if you're going to be an uptight, jealous little bitch, than do me a favour and piss off. I'm done with you and Dylan treating me like I'm your son." He took a drag from the cigarette . Just the sight of it made me feel sick.

"Is this a breakup, Joe? I want to at least be clear on one thing that's happened tonight!" I said quietly. My eyes began to well up.

"Sure, if that's what you want to call it." He threw the cigarette on the floor and stomped on it, but still didn't turn to face me. Coward. I pushed the heavy door open again, frantically brushing tears from my face. Dylan stood by the entrance, almost as if he knew I would be leaving in a rush. He was playing something on his phone.

"Can you walk me home please?" I asked him, nearly falling into hugging him. He wrapped his arms around me and his hands rubbed my back gently.

"Sure." He replied. No questions asked.