Chapter 34 ~ Dylan

I woke up early, just in case Sky would be leaving early because she was avoiding me. To my surprise, my Dad was siting at the breakfast table.

"Hi, son. God, I'd forgotten how good your Mum's cooked breakfasts were!" He beamed, cutting a piece of bacon on his plate. Mum walked out of the utility room.

"Do you want some too, Dylan?" She asked with a pleasant smile.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm good with cereal."

The whole experience was pretty surreal. The radio played happy little songs and my parents laughed with each other over the cooked breakfast. Mum must have taken extra time off work to sort Joe's stuff out. It was so weird to see them together like this, like a picture perfect family. I guess it was just a way of coping for a little while. It's not that I don't want my parents to be together, it's just so strange to look at. I shrugged it off and headed next door, ringing the bell. I hoped Sky and I could talk properly as we walked to school. If I could just explain to her that I didn't want a break, that in fact I needed her, and that I just wanted to take my time for a little while, then maybe we could fix things. Sky's father opened the door, wearing a dressing gown and holding a cup of coffee.

"Hi, sir. Is Sky still getting ready?" I asked.

"No, she's left already. She seemed to be in quite a mood. Girls and hormones, hey?" He grinned. I didn't know Mr. Clark very well but clearly he had the same attitude to Joe when it came to understanding the female species. From what I could see, he wasn't the best father, either.

"Alright, thank you, sir." I said politely and set off.

"Best of luck, Dylan!" He called after me, chuckling to himself.

*****

When I arrived at form, Sky was standing alone in a corner, listening to music through earphones. Although her face was holding a firm scowl, she was still as beautiful as ever. I approached Ella, who I would say was the nicest and friendliest out if Sky's best friends.

"Hi, Dyl. Do you know what's up with her?" She asked.

"We had a kind of argument yesterday. She misunderstood and basically thought I was saying I wanted a break."

"Ah. Relationship troubles. I tried talking to her but she just replied with like grunts and sighs and mumbles or whatever. She must be pretty mad." Ella rambled.

"You don't need to tell me that twice." I muttered. Ella gave little laugh. Sky looked over momentarily but as soon as she caught my gaze she pulled her phone out from her pocket and turned her attention to that.

"Yikes. Well, I hope you work something out. You two make a great couple. And she thinks you're the perfect boyfriend."

"Thanks, Ella." I smiled at her. She returned the smile. and then went off to chat with Emily and Rosa. It was going to be a long day.