Chapter 25 ~ Sky

The week had passed slowly, but Friday night was finally here. Ella brushed through my hair gently as I applied my lip gloss. Emily and Rosa were dancing around crazily while getting dressed to songs from Grease. We had an hour until the party started. By accident, Ella tugged sharply at a knot and the lip gloss brush slid across the bottom of my face. Emily started cackling as I yelled at Ella. But I didn't care, not really. I was with my best friends, and soon my boyfriend would be here too.

"Hey, will Joe becoming tonight? I haven't seen him in school." Rosa asked as she secured to buckle on her black velvet heels. I hadn't seen him in school at all this week either, but I've seen him around town in alley ways with some older guys and a cigarette. At this point I didn't care. Whatever he did was his own problem.

"Uh, he shouldn't be, because you haven't invited him, right Ella?"I turned to face the three of them. They shot glances at each other.

"Argh, Sky, I'm sorry. I thought maybe the band could do a little singing to get the party going. Joe's the leading man. And I've invited everyone from Year 10 and 11." Ella gushed. I sighed.

"Chances are he won't even come. He'd probably think it's below him." I stated. Rosa snorted at me.

"Woah, Sky. Sass on you. Why are you so wound up about him? All you did was break up, right? He's not like spawn of the devil or whatever." I hadn't actually told the girls about how he treated me that night, or how he was smoking, or how he was shouting loudly on my street before he called me a crazy bitch. I was right though, Joe wouldn't show up. The door bell rang and we all jumped.

"I'll get it!" I chimed. Dylan said he would come early to help set up food and stuff. I forgot I was wearing heel though and tripped down the stairs. Ella stood at the top trying not to laugh.

"Desperate much, Sky?" She asked. I flipped her off, got up, and opened the door. Dylan face lit up into a smile and then his gaze shifted to my knee, where a red graze had appeared. I giggled nervously and led him into the kitchen where bags of all kinds of party food lined the counters.

"Wow, Ella's gone all out. Where are her parents?" Dylan asked me, moving a strand of my hair back from my face. I felt my cheeks beginning to pink. It was official, I had it bad.

"Her aunt is unwell so they've gone up to Manchester. Ella told them she was going to have a sleepover and her Even while looking exhausted and sad, Sky was unbelievably attractive. Mum's friend Hannah who lives across the road would keep an eyes out. Hannah's actually pretty cool so she's just going to make sure the party doesn't get out of control." I explained. Ella's parents were fairly chill anyway, so even if she got caught, the consequences wouldn't be harsh. He stared at me for a moment and I wrapped my arms around his neck and because of my heels, I didn't even have to stand on my tip toes.