Chapter 10 ~ Sky

As well as my group of friends, I was surrounded by a huge crowd. As Fifth Star started to walk on stage, intense cheering and clapping rose. But I still managed to hear the conversation behind me.

"God, Joe Smith is just... I can't even explain how much I want him." Some girl said loudly so her friend could hear.

"I know right. Everybody knows he's with Sky Clark though. God knows why he likes her. She seems like such a bore - totally not his type." My reaction should have been jealousy. I should have turned around and glared at those girls. But it just didn't effect me. I expected it was just because I was still angry at Joe.

"Hi there! Thank you all for coming! We're going to start off with a little song called Broken." Joe shouted at the crowd. cue even more cheering. It was crazy. Soon the music started up and the sound was unbearable. My friends were all jumping along with everyone else, but it was all just too much for me. After they finished the song, I quickly made my way across the room to Dylan, who surely enough was still sitting in his seat.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just feeling a little claustrophobic. Plus I thought you want some company." Dylan smiled at me gratefully. The next song started and I watched as Joe pulled a blushing girl onstage. He kissed her hand in the guitar solo. I had never felt so disconnected from him. It was like watching him through a looking glass.

***********

By the last song, I was leaning against Dylan's shoulder, completely fed up of Joe's flirtatious antics. I was meant to be the care-free girl, easy going, but this was too much. As everyone began to spread out, my friend Ella emerged from the crowd and approached me.

"Weren't they amazing, Sky? Where did you go?" She asked me.

"I'm just tired, El. I'm going to go talk to Joe." I replied. She nodded and strutted off to join my other friends.

"Do you want me to come with you, Sky?" Dylan asked as I got up.

"No, I need to talk to him alone. I'll be back soon."