Chapter 19 ~ Sky

Sunday afternoon, after we'd both done some homework, Dylan and I decided to bake cookies. Well, I did, and Dylan went a long with it. I played The Beatles on my IPod which was lugged in to a speaker. To my surprise, Dylan knew the words pretty well. I read out the instructions from the recipe book as Dylan added the ingredients.

"Right, now we have to add the flour. Grab the half full one from the top right cupboard, Dyl."

"This one?" Dylan asked me, but as he took it out, his hand jerked and flour settled on my bluet shirt. Dylan laughed as my mouth formed an O. I grabbed the bag from him and poured the rest of the contents onto his light brown hair. I giggled like a four year old.

"You look like you have really bad dandruff!" I pointed at him. He picked up the pack of chocolate chips I'd specifically told him not to eat, and her ripped open the top and smugly popped a few into his mouth.

"What would Queen Mary Berry say?!" I exclaimed. Dylan shrugged and continued to snack on the chocolate chips. I jumped to his back, leaning over his shoulders to try and retire the packet.

"Dylan, hand it over! I don't want to hurt you!" I shouted. This caused him to almost collapse laughing.

"You're tiny, Sky. Where are you meant to store all this "strength"?" He asked. Big mistake. I pinched his arm and he dropped the packet, chips flying across the floor.

"Jesus, violence!"

"My height is deceptive, I know." I jumped off his back and picked up the packet, luckily it was still mostly full. I set it on the counter.

"You're on reading duty now. You're not to be trusted." I said, trying to look deadly serious. I probably looked more like a spoilt pouting child.

"Is that so?" Dylan asked.

"Yes, you're just not worthy." I picked up a wooden spoon a waved it slowly around, like a regal wave. Dyaln picked me up, took me into the living room and threw me onto the couch, before tickling me. I embarrassed myself by snorting as I laughed. I lost control and kicked him in the stomach. He fell back onto the rug.

"Dylan are you okay?!" He was on the floor, his eyes closed and he was clutching his stomach. Great, I had already managed to injure my boyfriend of two days.

"If I say no, do I get mouth to mouth?" His mouth moved into a smirk. I slapped his arm.

"What are you like?" I scoffed. Suddenly it went quiet, and all there was to hear was All You Need is Love. Dylan got to his feet and hoisted me up too. I dragged him into a dance, and soon we were clumsily prancing round the living room furniture together. When the song stopped, I ran my hands through his hair as he held my face. This time, he leant down to kiss me. It couldn't have been more perfect, as fake as that sounds. the was a sudden sound, the front door opening. Dad walked in to the living room. My arms were around Dylan's neck and his were around my waist. Hey Jude was playing in the kitchen.

"Oh, right, um, well. I just came to pick up my phone, Sky." He went to the coffee table and got his phone.

"I'll, yeah. See you." He said. I had never seen such a speedy exit.

"Oops." Dylan said.

"Oh well. He'll be fine once he has one of our amazing yet-to-be-baked cookies when he comes home from work." I declared.