Chapter 27 ~ Dylan

It didn't take long for crowds of people to fill up Ella's house. Ella herself looked content with her hosting skills, because even though almost all of our year and the year above were in her house, nothing had got out of control. Yet. I stayed in the corner sipping coke while Sky danced around with her friends. After about five songs she approached me.

"Right that's it. Come on. You don't go to a party with Sky Clark and not have fun." She pulled me in to the centre of the living room.

"This next song will be ours, yeah?" She asked me.

"Is that so?" I grinned. Suddenly some sort of loud house music blared.

"How romantic." Sky said, smiling as she lifted my arm and spun underneath. I was so awkward dancing it was hilarious.

"Remind me never to take you clubbing, Dyl." Sky announced after the song finished. The track switched to some slow gushy love song.

We turned to face Ella, who was standing on a chair.

"This little number goes to my latest OTP." Ella winked and pointed at Sky and I. Rosa stepped in and placed my hands of Sky's hips and Sky's hands around my neck. Girls around us cooed. How cringey. But I danced anyway, staring into Sky's beautiful green eyes. You've probably heard the whole "and it felt like we were the only two people in the room" thing? Well, that didn't exactly apply here, because I was acutely aware of everybody's eyes. I didn't care though. I was happy and Sky was happy. When the song came to an end, everyone clapped and cheered like in some sort of American movie. We both cracked up. Sky said she would get us some food so I went to back to my corner in the living room. Kylie from school strutted over to me. I wasn't paranoid of Sky coming in, because nothing was going on, but I was still wary if how she felt and I didn't want to upset her.

"Hi, Dylan. That dancing thing was sweet." Kylie smiled brightly.

"Embarrassing though." I admitted.

"Don't be embarrassed, Dylan. You're a fine guy. You should be able to stand up proud." She told me, putting a hand on my leg. I moved it out of the way so her hand slipped off. There was still nothing going on but I didn't want anyone getting ideas. Kylie gave a nervous laugh. Sky entered, carrying two plates loaded with food. she dodged people around so as not to spill anything. When Sky saw Kylie standing next to me, her face dropped and then her expression changed to an innocent smile.

"Dylan, honey, here's your food. Kylie, so nice to see you again. I'll be one moment. Just have to talk to Rosa." Sky wandered off.

"She seems annoyed about something, I should probably make sure she's okay." I said to Kylie, and gestured for her to hold my plate.

"Dyl, you're overreacting. She's probably has just gone to talk to Rosa. Now worries, hey?" Kylie put her hand on my forearm. Maybe she was just one of those really affectionate people. Why would she be attracted to me all of a sudden anyway? I didn't want to annoy Sky by nagging her asking if she was okay, so I stayed grounded.