Chapter 14 ~ Sky

It was 3 am, according to the digital clock on my bedside table. My thoughts of all the great memories I'd had with Rosa abruptly halted when something it my window with a chink. I reluctantly left the cosy warmth of my bed and pulled open a blue curtain. Below, on the grey street, was Joe and a load of his friends. I opened the window.

"Joe, what is this?!" I hissed.

"Sky, my lovely. I must sing you a song, baby!" And he burst into one of Fifth Star's songs, called Illuminate.

"Shut up! The neighbour's have a baby! Look, I'm coming down." His friends all whooped. I was beginning to notice what dicks they were.

In a snoopy dressing gown and purple flip flops, I stood in the light rain.

"Sky, my darling, my whole world, won't you take be back?" He slurred. I could smell the sickly scent of alcohol on his breathe.

"I don't think so, Joe." my arms were crossed. He muttered something and launched at me, his arms inviting a hug. I pushed him away and he stumbled.

"Rejected!" His band mate, Keith jeered. Joe got up and leaned to kiss me. I slapped him sharply and quickly. I was shocked at my own behaviour, but I didn't feel guilty. I was going to be treated like this. Joe rubbed the harsh red mark on his face.

"Crazy little bitch." He growled and stormed away, followed by his idiot friends. I waited until I was securely inside my room, and tucked into my bed, before I began to weep.