Chapter 5 ~ Dylan

It was Friday, the morning of Fifth Star's big concert. I was not looking forward to it, following my argument with Joe (who, by the way, managed to rip out a page of To Kill a Mockingbird when he threw my book across the living room). I wasn't in the mood with dealing with him again, so I left five minutes after him and Sky. I should have stood my ground, but I can't help but be a peacekeeper. It's just my nature. I watched them leave, and Sky kept taking glances back at the house as they walked away. For the five minutes I was there I wondered if there was any way to get out of going to the concert. There wasn't. Joe could get out of hand at concerts. Anything from starting a fights to being insanely wasted on stage. Some how, he had managed to to keep it all fairly balanced since dating Sky, but Mum wasn't keen on facing more stressful phone calls, so she was still wary. Nobody could blame her.

***************************

I was checking through my essay in French, when Sky plonked down in the chair beside me.

"Hey, why did you leave the house late today? I thought you were Mr Punctual?" She asked, rummaging through her bag and dropping a pencil case down on the desk.

"Just thought you and Joe might want some time alone. Tonight's going to be manic." I replied.

"Dyl, don't be silly. I'm perfectly happy having you around." She rolled her eyes at me. Yeah but Joe's not.

"Have you done the essay?" I gestured towards my own essay before me.

"Oh, of course. I've got to at least try to keep up with you!" She laughed.

Damn. I still liked her. Really liked her. I had tried for a year to shove any ideas from my head. But it was simple. I was stupidly in love with Sky Clark, and there was no way in hell I could have her.