Chapter 15 ~ Joe

I woke up from my drunken sleep with a groan. I was on the living room sofa and Mum was staring across at me from the big worn out armchair. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"Joe, this morning I found you passed out in the front garden. This is the last time you do this. You've had enough speeches at school to know that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol until your responsible enough to handle it properly. This is unfair, Joe. On yourself and your family." She spoke in a gentle tone, but she was stern.

"If you do not get a grip, I'm going to have to send you off to live with you father, Joe and you'll probably go to some sort of boarding school from there. You don't want that, Joe. Neither do I." Mum sighed loudly. I had always thought Mum was too busy to really notice anything I did, but I guess not. Maybe I would have to sober up, just for a little, until she went back to caring about everything apart from me. Hopefully that wouldn't take long.

"Yeah. Whatever. Can you just pass me my phone?" I pointed to the coffee table. Mum picked it up and hesitated, like she was going to take it away. But she threw it into my hands, like she wasn't even bothered to punish me properly. Not that I cared. I had my phone and a contact list full of girls who I was now fully available to.