Chapter 13 ~ Sky

Dylan backed away. His eyes were flickering with panic.

"Sky, I'm so sorry. Oh, God, I've probably ruined everything. Don't worry, I'll leave now." Het got up from the sofa, but a grabbed his hand.

"It's okay. Sit back down." I smiled to reassure him. He hesitated before following my instructions and flopping back down beside me.

"Dylan, have you always felt that way?" I thought Dylan was sweet, but I'd never seen him that way.

"I, uh, pretty much, yeah. It's fine though, you're still not over Joe, I'm being inconsiderate." He started to get up again.

"Stop, Dylan. It's fine. Stay." He didn't sit back down so I stood up. He seemed like he was trying to read my face. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him. This time I drew back. Dylan grinned before picking me up and swinging me around while I giggled like a child. I knew this would be a different kind of love. A kind I would like much more.

************************

It took a lot of convincing to get Dylan to go to the beach party, but I needed to talk to Rosa. I had spent all morning and afternoon with Dylan at home, watching TV and laughing, but I'd totally forgot what Rosa had said to me the night before. I was really hoping her sudden attraction to Dylan was just a passing crush, and she didn't properly like him. When we got there, the party was in full swing and almost everyone from our school was there (not that there was a lot of us). My friends came dancing up to me and Dylan.

"Hey guys!" Rosa said loudly.

"Joe's over there by the way, Sky." My friend Emily said. Dylan coughed behind me.

"That's great, but we broke up." Cue Rosa, Emily and Ella throwing themselves at me with a harmony of sympathetic noises.

"It's fine guys, honestly. Rosa can I talk to you please?"

"Yes, that's right, Sky Clark, you are a strong independent woman who don't need no man!" Emily swayed her hips and clicked fingers. As cheesy as it was, I did laugh.

"Come on, Rosa." And I lead her over to a secluded part of the beach.

"Rosa, how much to you like Dylan?" I asked, silently praying.

"Literally, I think I'm falling for him. It's ridiculous, I know. Why, did he ask about me?" Rosa started jumping and squealing. She was like a one direction fan over him.

"Shoot, that makes this harder. Look, there's no point lying. I'm with Dylan."

I sighed. I saw fury rising in her eyes. I don't know why I expected anything else.

"Since when? Has he asked you out yet?" She interrogated.

"No, not officially. It's hard to explain. But yeah, it's looking that way."

"Sky, I can't believe you. What are you, some sort of slut? Two brothers in 24 hours? That's disgusting. And how could you betray me like that?" Her yelling turned to loud, sticky sobs.

"Rosa, please. I know I'm a horrible friend. I know it goes against a girl's principles. But can we try to sort it out? Please?" I pleaded.

"Forget it, Sky. I'm done." And with tears streaming down her face, she ran over to Emily, who, in a matter of seconds was glaring at me. Ella just stared at me, wearing an expression of disappointment. I walked quickly and grabbed Dylan's hand.

"Come on, let's head back."

"What happened?" He asked me.

"I just had a fight with Rosa. It's fine. Let's just leave." And for the second time in two days, he walked me back as I cried.