Ten

"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." — Carl W. Buechner

 Buechner

~°~

"Where is it dammit?" Hoseok groaned, shoving a frustrated hand into his red hair as his eyes scanned over the room for the nth time that day.

He was running around the space in search of something which he was really struggling to find for days on end.

It had been well over a week since he had asked you out on a date, one of which you actually agreed to. But his mother had suddenly called him the morning of the day that the date was supposed to happen, where she urged his presence for something related to the family business. This ultimately forced him to take a rain check on his date with you and postpone it.

Another issue that contributed to this postponement was the fact that he literally could not find the necklace he had for you anywhere. He was planning on giving it to you on the date since he had kept it safe for someone he cared deeply about, and now he truly felt like you would be the best person to gift it to.

His father had gifted this necklace to Hoseok on his nineteenth birthday and instructed him to give it to the person he felt was most deserving of it. He recalled asking his father whether the person in question had to be a love interest or not, and he remembered his father's smile when he gave him the answer.

"The person you care about the most or feel that is deserving of such heartfelt gifts does not have to be limited to somebody you are related to by blood, nor does it necessarily have to be someone whom you are involved with romantically. You can care about someone without any of the factors I just mentioned playing a part in it. The person can be anyone."