Sixteen

"There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable." ― Mark Twain

" ― Mark Twain

~°~

You giggled softly as you watched the funny Boys Over Flowers parody skit Seokjin was showing you on his phone.

It had been about three hours since the proceedings of your grandfather's memorial had officially come to an end. You felt at peace after having paid your respects to him with your family, and Seokjin and his parents by your side, the familiarity of it all easing the tension you tended to feel whenever this day came around every year.

You were all now winding down after the ceremony and the departure of Seokjin's parents, unsurprised that Jin chose to stay behind instead of going home with his folks, something you have both always done since you were kids.

Spending time with your parents and your best friend was always the best way to end off a day like this.

However, as pleasant as your weekend back home was, you couldn't help but still feel something bothering you at the back of your mind.

The incident that occured with Jin the night before you came to Ulsan for the memorial.

That incident.

Since then, the man was being so indifferent, being so causal, and has not said a word about what happened that night.

Not a single word.

He was acting completely normal. Confused, you began to question whether you had imagined the whole thing.

Why was he acting as if nothing happened? It was honestly making you scared to bring it up because he was obviously avoiding it for a reason. Maybe he was just waiting for the 'right moment' to talk about it and actually explain. Right? That had to be it, because if not, then what was it?