Seven

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

" — Ralph Waldo Emerson

~°~

"Mother?"

You jumped away from Hoseok so fast, one would think that he must've stung you or something. Your heart quickly lodged itself into your throat as you tried to play off the fact that you were indeed not only startled, but also quite embarrassed.

This was the last thing you were expecting to happen tonight and yet here you were. 

Hoseok slowly stepped away from you and cautiously made his way to the woman who was apparently his mother.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her in a low voice as he approached her with clearly cautious and deliberate steps.

"I came to see my son," the woman began to say and calmly turned her eyes over to look at you, "but it seems like you're a bit busy." she ended, by looking back at Hoseok.

"Tell me Hoseok," she started with her eyes firmly kept on her son and she casually placed her designer down on a nearby tiny table before clearing her throat, "I knew I shouldn't have let you move out of the mansion because it now seems that you have finally lost all sense of any sanity you could have had left."

Hearing her words, you had to actively stop yourself from gasping as your eyes struggled to keep themselves from going wide from the shock and bafflement of what you just heard and you began to feel even more uncomfortable.

Why would she say that? Especially to her own son?

"Excuse me, mother?" he asked, evidently baffled, rightfully so.

"Bringing girls back to your apartment," she said quietly, side-eyeing you for a split second as she flicked a piece non-existent lint from her left shoulder for what had to be for the sake of dramatic effect, "Having alcohol in your house," she continued, as pointed to a door that must've led to the kitchen as she stepped even closer to Hoseok, "Is this how I raised you, Hoseok?" she ended and stopped right in front of him.

You couldn't help but notice how short she was compared to her son even with the stilettos she had on, however, she still seemed to overpower him with seemingly very little effort, if any at all. She radiated a kind of dominance that would make it hard for anyone to talk back at her nor defy her in any form or manner.