Fifteen

"A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have." — Irish Proverb

" — Irish Proverb

~°~

"And then what happened?" you questioned half-heartedly as you folded another shirt, already being more than familiar with this story.

It was one Nari has told you over and over again for ages, with the occasional difference in version, but the main storyline pretty much remained.

She and her stepmother were never exactly two peas in a pod, therefore Nari had the endless desire to tell you about their frequent disputes.

"So then I told her to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and I walked away." Nari ended before a loud laugh escaped from her mouth.

The corner of your lip lifted as some sort of attempt of a smile and you simply chuckled shortly, allowing your focus to be more on your task at hand than on what she was rambling about.

You were struggling to remain indifferent around her and Jin, especially when you were in their presence at the same time.

It was a bit difficult to feign ignorance and oblivion.

But until you felt ready enough, or even just a little bit more than what you were feeling now, you had to pretend you didn't know a thing. You had to keep up with the act.

"Here you go," you heard Nari say next to you and you blinked, almost getting lost in thought.

With a wide smile, the blonde handed you the few bottoms that she just finished helping you fold.

You muttered a soft "thanks", forcing a smile at her as you took the clothes from her and carefully placed them into your luggage bag.

You and Seokjin were going to be leaving for Ulsan in the morning and you only realised how much you'd been putting off the packing part of travelling until now when Jin asked if you wanted him to help you put your stuff in the car.