00. THE BOY IN THE UNIFORM

A thin layer of sweat covered my forehead from fatigue

A thin layer of sweat covered my forehead from fatigue. Loose strands of my blonde hair fell out from my ponytail and in front of my eyes, blocking my vision slightly. I could feel pain course all throughout my body, but I wasn't able to pinpoint just one place that hurt because every part of me screamed in agony. I could feel my limbs starting to grow numb from either one too many hits or exhaustion from using my powers too much. Everything inside of me urged me to give up or take a break, but I wouldn't stop fighting. I had been trained to never give up so I would continue and push through the pain and my negative thoughts.

A group of three Soviet soldiers came running towards me with looks of rage and determination on their faces. Their eyes compared to the eyes of a rabid, wild animal filled with the thirst for blood. Each soldier was sprinting as fast as they could with their guns held tightly in their arms. All three weapons were aimed directly at me but I knew their bullets stood no chance against my abilities.

With a smirk on my lips, I felt my power serge through my body, making each bullet shot at me whiz right through without harming me. The Soviets held their fire and continued to shoot, wasting each and every bullet they had loaded into their machine guns. I stood still as I waited for their bullets to run out, when finally the last shell hit the concrete ground. The three men glanced at their guns and then each other with a new expression of fear. I clenched both of my fists together and took off towards them now.

I phased through the man standing in the middle and then climbed onto his back. He spun around in circles, trying to knock me off but I dug my fingernails into his shoulders so I could hold on. The soldier screamed out in pain as I rammed my thumbs into his eyes. I kept pressure on him until his eye sockets starting to bleed. The crimson color stained my two fingers.

As I released my right grasp on the man and jumped off of his back, he fell to his knees and immediately brought his hands up to cover his eyes. The other two Soviets watched in absolutely horror as I glanced between the two thinking about who I was going to attack next.

My legs dashed towards the man on my right. I phased into his body, taking control of him from the inside. The soldier in front of me wore a confused expression as he stared at his fellow comrade, who I had completely taken over. I grabbed onto the other man's shoulders and forceful pulled his upper body downward as my knee slammed into his chin. The soldier was knocked unconscious and fell onto the ground with a painful thud.

I stepped out of the soldier's body that I had taken control of and watched as he too fell to his knees and passed out.

All of a sudden a missile was shot out of a nearby tank. I clutched my ears in my hands as I tried to block out the excruciatingly loud sound, but my ears had already began ringing. My eyes darted towards Vanya, who was floating in the air. Her eyes were glowing in an eery shade of white as her pale hands moved in front of her to tear the missile apart. Heated, red and orange flames dispersed into the air and then disappeared.

I turned towards Klaus and watched as he held open his tattooed palms and made a pushing motion. Blue spirits that mimicked soldiers appeared out of thin air and rushed towards the ones that were actually alive. The ghosts ripped apart each man as they cried out in Russian.

Bodies of dead and wounded Soviet soldiers were being tossed around like rag dolls as Ben threw them with the demon living inside of his stomach.

Luther launched himself off of another building and landed directly in front of Klaus, just in time to shield him from the missile that was being fired towards his brother. The buff man shouted as the fire burned into his back, but the explosion barely even left a scratched on his body.

"Hey!" Allison shouted. Three Soviet soldiers turned their heads towards her with furrowed brows as she spoke, "I heard a rumor that I blew your minds." Her hands were held towards the three men and within seconds each of their heads began to swell and explode. Their blood and brains scattered around the ground, making me cringe at the awful sight.

I almost couldn't believe that this is where my life had led me to. It seemed that everyday was filled with violence and pain. The strangest part about everything was that I was totally used to this. I didn't mind hurting or killing people if it meant that I was doing the right thing.

The sound of a hundred bullets shot through the air. I turned around just in time to watch Diego flip off of a car. When he landed, every Soviet that was shooting at him instantly fell to the ground. They were all dead. Diego didn't pay any attention to the men he had just killed as he stared off into the distance. "Five! You sick son of a bitch, where the hell have you been?" He shouted over all the gunshots and explosions.

My brown eyes went wide and my face fell from shock. I immediately spun on my heel and saw Five standing beside a tank. He looked exactly the same as the last time I had saw him. "Five?" I spoke to myself. I felt like I couldn't trust my own eyes.

The boy in the uniform turned towards me at the mention of his name. He appeared surprised to see me but then smiled as he took a step forward, only to be halted by Hazel, who randomly appeared within all of the chaos and fighting that had been happening all around us. Five froze and turned toward the graying man. "If you wanna live, come with me," Hazel ordered.

"Hazel," Five said unsurely. "What the hell's going on?" He stared up into the older man's eyes, completely confused and unaware of what was happening at the moment.

"There's no time to explain," Hazel said in a hurry. He pointed a finger up into the sky, making me turn around and glance towards where he was looking. My mouth fell open as I saw streams of white smoke fly downward with a speed faster than I could ever imagine. "Those are nukes," Hazel confirmed my fear.

Five turned away from the sky and back to Hazel. "What about my family?" He asked. "What about Lexa?"

Hazel feigned a frown, trying to keep up his tough front. "You can't save 'em if you're dead," he stated simply.

I watched as Five glanced over towards me. He met my eyes and I could read him like a book. Although every part of me didn't want him to leave once again, I understood why he had to go, so I sent him a curt nod and watched as he took Hazel's hand. The two time travelers disappeared into who-knows-when.

My legs slowly moved across the rubble and dead bodies towards the Hargreeves family that stood in the middle of all of the mess around us. Each of us watched as the nukes fell into the ground and exploded off in the distance. Flames erupted and soared up into the smokey sky. My eyes burned from the intense heat. I felt my stomach drop in fear when the ground shook violently as a storm of dark and dangerous smoke started to come racing towards us.

Then, everything went dark.