26. THE LETTER

"So, what?" Diego asked

"So, what?" Diego asked. His brows were creased in confusion. "You just let her go?"

Five paced behind the couch as he replied, "Well, Vanya had a lot to process."

I nodded in agreement. "She has no memory of any of us or what happened," I added. "She doesn't even know who she is."

Diego glanced across the room to me. I was sat in the same armchair as before. "How is that possible?" He asked.

"I'm not sure," I answered honestly. "Maybe she lost her memories when we traveled back in time. She was still unconscious then."

Diego hummed in agreement. "Does she still have her powers?"

I nodded. "She just found out about them. It seems she has a better grasp on controlling it though." Diego scoffed in disbelief. I didn't blame him for his reaction, but this was basically a fresh start for Vanya. If anyone deserved something, it's her, especially after all of those years of neglecting and lies from Reginald.

"She'll come around," Five spoke up again. "I know she will."

"What about the guys that went after her?" Diego asked. I watched as Lila finished putting a clean bandage on Diego's stab wound.

"The Swedes?" Five questioned. Lila had a look in her eyes that made me think she knew something about them. She was a very strange girl. She acted as if she was ahead of her time. If there was one thing I learned at the Order, it was to always be observant of others, and right now, I was starting to notice small things about Lila that came off as suspicious.

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?" Diego asked Five. I stood up and walked over to the window across from me. My eyes peered out the glass as I watched people walk by. There was one person that caught my eyes. I couldn't tell if the person was male or female because they were stood in all black clothing with a skin tight mask covering their face. I felt eery chills as I stared at the person, who appeared to be looking back at me.

"We don't," Five replied simply. I tore my eyes away from the creepy shadow of a person.

Elliot walked into the room timidly and handed Lila a mug, placing another one on a coaster on the coffee-table. He walked over to the window and handed me a white envelope. "This came in the mail for you," he said.

My face pulled into one of confusion. "Are you sure?" I asked Elliot. I didn't know anyone else in the sixties besides the Hargreeves, so I had no idea who could have sent me a letter or even how they knew where I was to send it in the first place.

Elliot shrugged unsurely. "Well, it has your name on it," he said before walking away again. Five glanced my way to see what was going on, so I held up the envelope. His eyes narrowed as he stared at my name that was written in simple handwriting on the front.

"Any idea who sent them?" Lila spoke up, talking about the Swedes. She took a sip of whatever was in her mug. I noticed that she had that look again in her eyes.