09. DING-DONG-DITCH

"Anything?" Henry asked

"Anything?" Henry asked. He ran his hand through his dark hair out of boredom. I sighed and glanced around the wall Henry, Leo, and I had been hiding behind for over an hour and a half. My eyes landed on Silas' office door, which had remained shut for awhile now. I turned back to Henry and shook my head, no.

"Christ, what could he possibly be doing in there?" Leo exclaimed. He made a good point. Silas had been locked away in his office for hours now.

I placed my index finger over my lips as and shushed him. "You're gonna cause a scene," I said in a hushed voice.

"Sounds familiar," Leo muttered. I wasn't in the mood for him right now. I wasn't in the mood for anyone actually, so I just rolled my eyes and feigned a remark.

Bree and I haven't spoken since our public dispute a few weeks ago in the training room. I thought that after I gave her a day or two for space then we'd be back to being friends again, but every time I tried talking to her she ignored me and walked away. Bree wasn't the type of girl to hold a grudge, but she was strong willed and always stayed true to her word. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for resolving our argument right now. I had too much on my mind and too much to do to make sure I can get out of here like I did last time.

I pulled my legs up to my chest and laid my head back on the wall behind me. My eyes blinked in slow motion as I yawned. I was beyond tired, mentally and physically. We had been training hard for hours upon hours every single day for the past few weeks. I continuously had to remind myself that it could've been worse, but my positive mindset was beginning to falter. At least I had fighting experience and wasn't getting knocked to the ground or punched in the face like the last time I went through this. In fact, I was one of the best fighters in this whole compound. I was beginning to get bored of my winning streak since I had nearly perfected all of my offensive attacks. Sometimes I had to pretend to be clueless whenever I caught the attention of Silas, who liked to linger in the training rooms and watch the partner work we learned to do. I could tell he was up to something but I wasn't sure what.

To top off my bad mood, I was way too stressed out about preserving the timeline to get an actual night of sleep. If I was lucky, I would finally be able to close my eyes and rest, but only to wake up in some random hour during the middle of night and be unable to fall back asleep again. My entire body ached from all of the exercising and cried for relief. My fatigue made me even more quiet and irritable than I already was before. I was running out of energy when I needed it the most.

"I say we take action," Leo spoke up. Henry and I both shared a look and then turned to Leo, waiting for him to explain. "We need to lure the old man out of his room."

"How do you propose we do that?" Henry asked, unimpressed by his friend's suggestion. He always seemed to underestimate Leo's intelligence—much like the everyone else—but sometimes the blonde made good points.