36. NOVEMBER 22, 1963

The elevator door dinged as Klaus, Allison, Diego, and I stepped inside

The elevator door dinged as Klaus, Allison, Diego, and I stepped inside. Then, the small box began to move us up to the top floor of the federal building, where we were hoping to find Vanya before she causes the next apocalypse.

Allison sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I hope we can find Vanya in time."

Suddenly, the building began shaking and the lights in the elevator started flickering off and on. My hands shot out to the walls in an attempt to steady myself. The elevator began creaking as wind from outside the metal doors whistled and whirred violently. When the doors finally dinged open, the wind threw us back against the walls of the elevator.

My eyes peaked out to see a dead man laid across the floor, covered in his own blood. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it in time before Vanya blew up the entire building.

Allison cried out as she desperately tried pulling herself out of the elevator. Diego and I followed after her, struggling to fight back against the powerful waves of energy that were coming from the room at the end of the hall.

The four of us hid behind a desk for safety, but there didn't seem to be much shelter anywhere anymore.

"Question, guys," Klaus spoke up. "Who are we trying to save Vanya from?"

Allison, Diego, and I replied simultaneously, "FBI!"

"But if they're all sucking ceiling right now, why hasn't she stopped?" Klaus asked.

"They must've done something to her that activated her powers," I yelled over the sound of sizzling electricity. "Like at the first apocalypse! She wasn't herself then!"

Diego nodded in agreement. "Vanya's in the room at the end of the hall!"

"How do you propose we get to her?" Allison asked him.

"I haven't figure that one out yet," Diego replied.

Klaus took a sip of the alcohol inside of his flask. "Well, you can count me out," he remarked.

"Klaus," Allison scolded.

"What?" Klaus exclaimed. "You guys should save her! You're great at all the hero shit."

Allison rolled her eyes as she smacked her brother in annoyance. "Klaus!"

"Listen, listen, Vanya would understand 'cause she has realistic expectations of what I am!" Klaus stated. "And what I am is sexy trash!"

"You're a big pussy, that's what you are!" Diego retorted angrily.

"Guys, now is now the time," Allison interjected.

"Why? Because I don't wanna die?" Klaus asked. "Who does? And martyrs aren't around to enjoy the victory party 'cause they're dead!"

Diego reached over Allison and I to grab onto Klaus shirt and pull him up. "You are going out there-!"