05. ANSWERS

After my meeting with Silas, I found my way back to Michelle and the rest of the girls in our group

After my meeting with Silas, I found my way back to Michelle and the rest of the girls in our group. She continued on with the tour of the compound, showing us each floor and every room. The walk was long and exhausting, and her lectures were extremely boring to listen to, especially since this was the second time I was hearing her rants. My legs trudged along the red carpeted floors as my black shoes dragged lazily. I desperately needed this day to end, but I wasn't sure if I was ready for tomorrow's adventures to begin.

As I moved along slowly behind the group of girls, I noticed Zara fall back so that she was walking beside me. We walked alongside each other in silence, while Michelle spoke to Bree and Eleanor, who were ahead of us.

The Asian girl kept her black eyes forward and her hands tucked in her pant's pockets. I could tell that she wanted to say something, but it seemed that she was contemplating her own words.

Zara sighed softly before she finally spoke, "I just wanted to say that you're not as awful as I thought you were."

"Thanks," I said with a small shrug. "I think." Zara nodded and we continued to walk down the hall together. The silence between us was becoming rather awkward. I felt my fingers begin to tap along my leg as I grew more and more uncomfortable. I could tell that she had more that she wanted to say, but Zara wasn't exactly one with words. I glanced up at her and quirked my brows. "Was there something else you wanted to say?"

Zara refused to look at me as she added onto her previous statement, "No one has ever stuck up for me before—not that I need someone to—but it was.. nice knowing that you had my back." The older girl stumbled on her own words. I had never heard her so vulnerable, if you could even call it that.

"It was no problem," I assured her. "Besides, Leo is an ass. I would've fought him just for fun." I laughed softly to myself and could almost see Zara's lips pull upwards slightly into a smile.

"You know, I always thought that you were just some weak, crybaby," Zara admitted with a smug smirk on her face. My eyebrows pulled together as I frowned at her assumption of me. Sure, I've woken up in the middle of the night with tearful eyes from another nightmare, but I didn't think that made me a crybaby. Even without powers and training, I still had strength too. I was never weak, at least I thought so. "Then, the Order came that one night and ever since then you just seem so different than before."

"Different how?" I asked.

"You just changed a lot overnight," Zara explained. There was quite a lot of truth to her statement. One night I was holding Five's hand and time traveling to the past, and then I was teleported back into my own-personal hell. To say that I changed a lot overnight felt like an understatement, considering I had already lived through these exact events, well, except for this conversation and the meeting with Silas. Somehow, I had already managed to mess up something and effect the future. Looks like I'm off to a great start. "Also, if I'm being completely honest, you seem a bit," Zara trailed off as she pointed to her head and twirled her finger in circles.