31. TWISTIN' THE NIGHT AWAY

After getting tacos, the four of us brought them back to eat at Allison's hair salon

After getting tacos, the four of us brought them back to eat at Allison's hair salon. It was a rather cute place. The walls had orange flowers and the curtains were made out of a sheer yellow material that allowed for the sunlight from outside to pour in. Soft music from a small, teal radio played old, upbeat tunes from a random station as I spun in one of the chairs used for getting a haircut. I was beginning to get dizzy from all of the commotion, so I dropped my feet onto the ground to stop the movement.

Allison growled in annoyance as she picked up a bottle of alcohol and turned to face Vanya, Klaus, and me. "The nerve of that man," she ranted. "I mean, one thing goes wrong, and he's on a warpath. I mean, doesn't know who I am? No, no. No, Ray, you know exactly who I am. You just can't handle it. I'm protecting him!"

Vanya made finger guns and shot them at the lined up bottles of hair treatment in front of her. "Pew, pew!"

Allison slapped her comb on top of Klaus's head. It was safe to say that she was a bit tipsy. "Ow," Klaus exclaimed. "From what?"

"The end of the world, for one," Allison replied as if it were obvious.

"Is the world really gonna end in six days?" Vanya asked.

Everyone paused for a moment. "Well, it didn't last time," Allison answered. "We did everything Five could think of to stop it."

Klaus picked his feet up off of the counter and turned around to face us. "Hey, wouldn't it be weird if Five grew up all hot?" He asked. His eyes met mine and I quickly glanced away as I sank down in my chair. "Come on, Alexa. Wouldn't that be weird?"

"What?" Vanya asked.

"Oh, ew," Allison remarked. She turned around to face Klaus who was now standing in the center of the room without shoes on. Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure if I've ever seen him wear shoes. Does Klaus even own a pair?

"Oh, ew! Eww," Klaus mocked Allison. "Please, Miss 'Luther was my lover'." He placed his hand over his heart and pouted, making me laugh.

"We have never even kissed!" Allison defended herself.

"Yeah, but you guys were making little sick moon-dog eyes at each other all through puberty and breakfasts and all that," Klaus reasoned with her.

Vanya turned around in her chair. "Aren't we all brothers and sisters, or..?" She trailed off in confusion. Suddenly, I felt really uncomfortable listening to this conversation.

Allison sighed, "Well, technically-"

"Technically, if you have to use the word 'technically,' you're already in trouble," Klaus interrupted. He began to giggle as he looked to Vanya and I for approval.