Chapter 12: How About That!

So I went to the Ultrasound and the baby is healthy it's heart is beating perfectly and growing at a good rate.

I didn't invite Alex because I need some time away from him, I need to give myself time from the things he said and did. I just wish it was a lot easier because today more than anything I wish he could have been there at the doctor's appointment with me.

I can handle this though I am perfectly fine...I can do this it's like walking along the beach with the sand underneath your feet...so simple and easy.

As I was driving home from the appointment I saw Logan...I was wondering why he was on my side of town — it was weird — huh, I guess I'll stop and say something. So I pulled over and walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"Hey Logan, what brings you over this way?"

"I have been looking for you actually for a while now, you never came back to work and our boss sent me out to look for you, so I contacted your friends and they said that they hadn't seen you since you all had went to a club together and they said they saw you leave with some guy."

"I'm sorry for worrying everyone, I just decided that I needed a break so I left and went to the Bahamas it was absolutely amazing....I had so much fun...I'm sorry I didn't contact you, you've been nothing but a great Assistant to me and I shouldn't have just left with no warning, I'm sorry Logan will you forgive me?"

"Yes, absolutely it's okay Alice, when do you think you'll be able to come back Our boss who shall not be named needs you, we all do to nail this account."

"I will be back tomorrow, just have to settle in you know — just getting back from the Bahamas and all.

"So I will see you tomorrow Logan — can you do me a favor not that I haven't put you through enough, but I need you to call my friends and tell them you found me and I'm back from my little mini vacation I took, I don't want them worrying — okay?"

"Okay Alice sure thing."

"Great, thanks Logan, Goodnight."

"Goodnight Alice."

And with that he walked off, I walked back over to my car and got in and drove home, I've never lied and that was hard for me to do, to lie about where I was but I knew I couldn't tell the truth...I just couldn't.

When I got in my driveway I got out and walked up the stairs into my apartment it was spacious by the way, more than enough room for one person. I got settled in but I figured I'd get my clothes out of my trunk maybe another time, right now I was extremely tired and all I wanted to do was sleep, once my head got on my pillow I was in a state of sleep nothing can wake me from, not anything.

...

The next morning I woke up at 7 o'clock and got ready I had to be to work by 9 o'clock so I went to take a long shower, I washed and conditioned my hair and then I shaved, after that I blow dried my hair and got ready...

I decided since I am going to blow up like a watermelon I need to go shopping and get a whole new wardrobe tomorrow, but for right now I'll wear a red sunflower dress and the hat that went with it.