Chapter 14: Heat

"So that's what we should do in this part of the case and then we say that." Colin said.

"Okay, then we'll bring in this point and take the leader home with this."

"We have a lot more to go, we're not finished yet, but we are off to a good start...nice job, Alice."

"Thank you, Colin."

"I didn't eat before I got here, are you hungry?"

"Umm — yes I am, starving.."

"Great, you want to order pizza or Chinese food?"

"How about both!"

"Uhhh gross."

"I didn't mean eat it together I just mean in case you want either one, I'll order it."

"What ever you say."

"You gave up the opportunity to be smart??..."

"I didn't it's just you said you were going to order it so why turn down free food, I'd be crazy right?"

"Indeed you would."

"Where is your bathroom?"

"It's right through that door."

"Okay mind if I use it?"

"No I don't mind."

"Okay."

He walked off going to use the bathroom as he did I decided to take that time to tidy up our work a bit, order the food and put in a movie...I was little old school but so what I didn't care...I put in a RomCom and sat down and waited for him to join me.

"What are you doing...we still have work to do and it's ten o'clock — are you insane."

"No I'm not insane — but we do need some down time or our brains won't function and I do this sometimes when I have the time, but since I'm not working on this alone and I have a partner and there is quadruple effort, I say we can afford to have the down time...okay?"

"Sure I guess."

Okay so sit and we can watch the movie while we wait for the food to arrive — is that okay with you Mr. Burns?"

"Sure — Ms. Goodman."

...

After about ten minutes into the movie our food arrives, he decided he wanted the pizza and I decided I wanted pizza as well...at least that's the greatest tasty thing I get out of that and my prenatal vitamins...speaking of being pregnant I still haven't told Colin about me being pregnant I guess now is a perfect time as any. I am going to just tell him it's not like he'll care he's only known me for a day...

I look over at him as he's eating his food and laughing at the movie and I can't help but smile at the sight before me, he looked happy, he looked like he was having fun and he didn't seem like the type to have much fun, like me before I was taken by Alex and given a different perspective on life. I mean I don't have that much fun now, but I do try to have more fun than I used to.