Chapter 15: Questions

3 months later...

Had went to the ultrasound to make sure my baby was doing good, had a healthy heartbeat, and everything was in order.

I can't believe it has been three whole months!...

I feel so bloated and so hungry and horny all the time.

...

Me and Colin have been working together for three months and two days...and I'm starting to show...my clothes are fitting but only because I got a whole new wardrobe...

Colin has been supportive for the whole thing...he's a great guy and were only supposed to be friends but I really like him, I don't think he feels the same way about me, I think it was honestly just sex for him, and maybe it was for me too, seeing that I'm pregnant and it's just hormones that will subside. But I'm four months a week and 2 days pregnant....so definitely hormones.

We were at his house tonight, and he said it's going to be a long night so I should probably have brought my pj's but I didn't. So now I'll be stuck in this outfit all night long.

"Hey, Alice I know you didn't bring a change of clothes so you can wear one of my big t-shirts...is that okay with you?"

"Yeah! Thank you so much Colin."

"I know I'm the best."

He says and then laughs, I can't help but laugh with him...he's so adorably cute, still has an ego and is stubborn as heck but it all suits his personality. I go take a shower before we begin to work —

I take at least I know forty-five minutes in there...but when I came out I smelled like dove soap....seeing that I do carry soap, toothpaste, a toothbrush, hair ties and mouthwash with me in my car just in case I get into a pickle. At least I had that even if I didn't bring my own clothes.

I heard him knock on the door when I was washing my face...I wasn't dressed and yet —

"Come in."

"Hey I decided to go with this shirt and these — whoa!!!!"

He said and I looked down and immediately remembered I didn't have on any clothes. I hear him say outside the door after he's closed it.

"You could have warned me!"

"I forgot I didn't have on anything, I'm so sorry Colin!"

"I should be the sorry one except you told me I could come in, I thought you at least a towel wrapped around you."

"Well as you know now, I didn't."

And we both laughed, it's not like he's never seen me naked — he acts like it's something all very new to him.

"I really wish I hadn't seen you because now all I can do is picture you naked when I close my eyes. You sure know how to surprise a guy."

"Tell me about it, I really am sorry Colin."

"I know you are, it's cool, I enjoyed the show while it lasted."

"Ha ha ha, very funny."

"Well I did, your body is —."

"Okay I get it."

"Let's pretend like that didn't happen and move past that, shouldn't you go start working on the case while I finish up in here, and give me the clothes because you walked out before you could give them to me, unless you want that to happen again —?"

"As much as I liked it the first time, the second I wouldn't be able to stop myself so no, here I'll hand them to you by just reaching my hand in, open the door a little."

"Okay."

As soon as I opened it his hand waved the clothes on the inside as I stood behind the door and grabbed them. I slipped on the big t-shirt and his boxers. Then I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth with mouthwash and pinched my cheeks a little to get some blood flowing up to them. After I finished I cleaned behind myself and walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey, you want to eat first and then work on the case or do the case and then eat or both?"

"Yeah let's do both."

"Okay let me cook us something."

"You cook?!"

"Yes I do, I'm not incompetent, I was raised by my mom and she taught me how to cook, I actually love to cook, it's actually what I wanted to be when I grew up since I did it so much with my mom...but then I quickly grew out of it and I've never looked back on it until now."

"Wow you never told me any of that and to think you could have been doing all the cooking instead of me, you're so sly."

I say and he chuckles a little.

"Yeah...surprised you didn't I?"

"Well Yeah you did, I mean you told me that you were raised by your mom and that your dad died not too long after you were born and you told me about your niece and nephews and your childhood, but never about the part of you learning to cook or having a dream of wanting to be a chef."

"Well Alice If I tell you everything upfront you'll think I'm laying it on too thick... I have to lay it on you piece by piece."

"Touché. I should probably sit because me feet hurt, this baby grows by the minute....and I feel so fat the way I eat all the time."

"Don't Alice, you're eating for two remember, you look great to me from what I saw in that bathroom."

"Oh cut it out Colin."

"I'm serious....I'm just glad we're close friends and can tell each other about stuff like that, I think you're hot, being pregnant and all."

"Thanks, you're not too bad looking yourself."

I think he's great looking but I just didn't want him to know that I really like him and that I want to be more than really close friends. He's an amazing guy, he's a listener, kind, thoughtful and now a cook.

If he keeps going I won't be able to resist him anymore, he's just — everything I want, everything I've always wanted, I haven't thought once about Alex since I've been with him. I mean at some point I'll have to tell him that I like him.

Right?

I definitely should tell Colin that I like him what's the harm? Can't go wrong, because what if he then likes me too? What if we are the most compatible people on earth? What if I don't say anything and then he meets someone else and they get married and then I never have a chance?

So I should tell him, right?

I think I will, maybe tomorrow.

Yeah, I'll do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to tell Colin that I like him and want to be more than just friends...fingers crossed.