Chapter 20: Happy Endings To All

5 days later...

The doctors said that my baby was all set and ready to go, that I can take her home when I was ready and that I was cleared to go home as well.

I was so happy I get to take her home. My friends had came this morning and left telling me they would see me later.

Alex was still in the hospital and he was holding Star.

...

I can honestly say I'm ready to see what my future holds. As for my job I still work at the firm, Logan is still my Assistant and Colin decided to open his own firm he was actually talking about opening his own firm in the first three months we got to know each other he was just waiting according to him. He named it "Shining Star" which I loved so much.

"You ready to go Alice?"

"Yes I'm ready!"

I said with my baby in my arms and Alex walking next to my wheelchair, while Colin was pushing it.

"Okay, so we'll see you tomorrow Alex."

He shakes his hand as if they have some type of agreement and Alex shakes his back with a smile and nods his head. I just assume it's nothing and I'm overreacting, so I let it go.

"Okay. Alice I'll see you tomorrow."

He picks up his baby and talks baby language to her as if him holding a baby and speaking her language was so natural.

Then he told her he will see her soon and kissed her on the forehead and he then kisses her one more time before handing her back to me.

And with that Ales leaves.
....

After we left the hospital I realized that she doesn't cry much she is a really good baby.

Colin and I head over to the car and he holds Star while I get comfortably in the car, then he hands me her gently carefully holding her head. I cradle her in my arms so tight I fear I may smother her my grasp is so tight.

...

Colin takes the wheelchair to a nurse on her way back into the hospital, I'm in the back so I place Star in her in the car seat and buckle her in then place blankets over the bottom part of her little body and I put the safety seatbelt on her seat that way she is nice and safe as I sit in the back.

...

I just watch her as she sleeps so peacefully and wonder what I did to deserve her and the man that's in the driver seat — the answer I'm looking for never arrives, yet I'm so grateful.

.........

When we get home I let Colin take everything in, first my things and then the stuff that people brought for us for the Star.

Then I carried her inside while Colin carried in her car seat, I was so appreciative for everything everyone had done for me and my baby.

....

Each time she woke up I fed her, then I'd let Colin burp her and watched as she fell asleep in his arms, then he'd placed her in her crib in the nursery and we left the door open and the baby monitor on so we could hear her when she cry.